Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Dream Doom feature
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
scifista42

Doominator2 said:
I would love to have red faction like destructible environments. It would probably be very hard without rebuilding the entire maps.

It would probably be very hard without rebuilding the entire maps.
*laughs* It would be impossible without rebuilding the entire engine. Even wall decals had been too much to implement in the time of Doom's development.

Old Post 01-03-14 18:43 #
scifista42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
_bruce_

Kappes Buur said:
While floors can move up or down, it would be great if there were floors
which can move in the horizontal plane.

As far as I "know" this doesn't "compute" with the underlying bsp structure of the map... or one had to dynamically re-partition the map on demand.
Blood/Duke and Co. could pull it off because the level's visibility is handled via portals - simple but very clever move by build author Silverman.

Old Post 01-03-14 20:43 #
_bruce_ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doominator2
Forum Regular

scifista42 said:
*laughs* It would be impossible without rebuilding the entire engine. Even wall decals had been too much to implement in the time of Doom's development.

Ha ha ya I totally left out the thought about the engine's capability's when I wrote the post.

Old Post 01-04-14 00:33 #
Doominator2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

Doominator2 said:

Ha ha ya I totally left out the thought about the engine's capability's when I wrote the post.

I thought the thread was about DREAM features, not those limited by the engine. In that case, there isn't much I would like that isn't in the game already. Maybe 2-3 differing gib animations.

Old Post 01-04-14 08:43 #
Patrol1985 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
wesleyjohnson
Forum Regular

Been reading through this for more ideas for DoomLegacy. Some we already got you know, and others are already on my TODO.

Single save game.
Had considered some system of support for enforcing a single death. If it did not mark the accomplishment in some way that could be proven to other players, then might not be worth it.
More than a few players play that way. I have played that way, up to a point.
Played Alien Vendetta Map18 last night, and had to save every 10 seconds. My "difficult" Doom wad motto, when they cheat, I cheat (in self defense).

Horz. moving sectors.
Not impossible, just have to treat such sectors as open space in the BSP. Would require an in-game node-builder.
It then becomes a matter of where the boundaries are at the current time and what kinds of walls it adds.
The transparent texture, and 3d floor code already handles similar sorting problems.

Climbing: On my TODO.
Player Sprites is the problem. In coop and deathmatch the other players can see the climbing player. If they are to "climb" instead of "float" they need a climbing animation, that does not exist in any of the wads.

Sliding door: Someone started code on this but did not finish.
Can be done using fragglescript, as can be seen in hth2.wad on DoomLegacy.

Old Post 01-04-14 22:10 #
wesleyjohnson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
William Blazkowicz

The ability to tear out the intestines from a Cacodemon and use the intestines as a whip.

Old Post 01-06-14 01:53 #
William Blazkowicz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

A player animation for running and shooting at the same time.

Old Post 01-06-14 16:48 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KevinHEZ

easier mapping, like quake

Old Post 01-06-14 18:30 #
KevinHEZ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote