Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > [SEEKING] Intended Doom SC-55 Music
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:13. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheUltimateDoomer666

The FM synth patches in the genmidi lumps in the IWADs sound like...breath noises, I guess.

"The Call of Death" and "Spook" are two songs from Duke Nukem 3D that also use PC#122 and are composed by Robert Prince. In an older thread on VOGONS forums, someone commented that the breath noise sounds out of place in those songs. They said they thought the key click sound (used on the early SC-55 module) was supposed to simulate dripping water in those tracks, and thus be the "correct" instrument.

I decided to contact Robert Prince about this, and ask what the "correct" instrument is.

Old Post 05-26-14 05:02 #
TheUltimateDoomer666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
gemini09

MusicallyInspired said:
Yes. :)

Beautiful :) I am really looking forward to it.

TheUltimateDoomer666 said:
I decided to contact Robert Prince about this, and ask what the "correct" instrument is.

Speaking of which, I'd be interested to hear Map09's music "remixed" to how it originally was intended;

Bobby Prince (http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoo...p?wad=doom2.wad)

Originally I had a piano playing the part that the harpsichord is playing but no one at id liked the idea of a piano in any of the music. As a joke, I changed the patch to the harpsichord. I expected everyone to voice opposition, but everyone seemed to like it -- so, I left it in!

From the sound of it the instrument was simply swapped out, so it could be a 1-step process to replicate the song's original form.

Only as a bonus track, mind you.. [MusicallyInspired] :D

Old Post 05-26-14 15:29 #
gemini09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MusicallyInspired
Green Marine

For those who were waiting patiently, I've finally gotten around to putting together the uncompressed Doom soundtrack. Currently available are OGG and MP3 packs, but I'm uploading the FLAC pack as I type and will let you know when it's done.

Doom SC-55 Uncompressed Soundtrack

Old Post 06-19-14 16:20 #
MusicallyInspired is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
gemini09

Nabbed, and also hopefully awaiting Doom 2 editions.. :}

Old Post 06-20-14 22:06 #
gemini09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MusicallyInspired
Green Marine

Eventually.

Forgot to say that the FLAC version is available.

Old Post 06-20-14 22:07 #
MusicallyInspired is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
gemini09

The FLAC version was up pretty swiftly, it seems, as it was up and running already yesterday when I initially saw your post.

I used to possess these kick-ass Sennheiser HD650s, but unfortunately I've misplaced them... Once I get them back, I look forward to checking out the FLAC versions too - I already have them downloaded and ready. :)

Old Post 06-20-14 23:02 #
MusicallyInspired
Green Marine

Doom II music pack is released! OGG, MP3, and FLAC packs are available with both volume boosted/compressed and raw renditions.

Old Post 07-02-14 18:05 #
kkaden

Awesome to see the progress made on your sc55 project, can't wait to listen to the two new releases =D

Old Post 07-04-14 04:34 #
kkaden is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote