Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

A question about a certain Mr. Lade

I have been thinking about something and have a question for you guys. Allow me to make a "short" introduction of the problem at hand first :)

When someone values my opinion and writes me an e-mail with a bunch of questions, I always show them the courtesy of giving them a reply. I guess I might be old fashioned, but I sort of expect at least one reply, like a simple "thank you for your time" or similar.

However, that's not the case with Brandon D. Lade. Within a month he has sent me three e-mails asking me to rate or give my opinion on certain recently released Doom wads. Now, I don't know what he did to get banned or losered here on DW, so I treat him objectively like anyone else and reply to the mail.

But nothing comes back. I haven't replied to the third mail, because I am honestly starting to get the feeling that he doesn't really care about my opinion in particular, but in reality, he just wants
to drain information out of people. And I just happen to be one of them.

So, the question then rises: Has anyone else received these mails from him? Or has he only targeted me?

Ohh, and Brandon, if you are reading this thread; start replying to mails before you can expect answers to new ones!

I don't consider myself high-ranking. I (and others) have received similar e-mails(they're probably word-for-word the same actually). He's obsessive over WAD ratings for some reason.

Marcaek said:

I don't consider myself high-ranking. I (and others) have received similar e-mails(they're probably word-for-word the same actually). He's obsessive over WAD ratings for some reason.

This pretty much, I have received plenty of emails and to be honest I am not a high ranking doomworld personally. I did wonder whether others on here got the same messages, I think it's the same for youtube too as he is on there.

Yeah, I've been getting them for some years now. I don't bother replying anymore.

He isn't interested in conversation, just on getting opinions and answers.

Well, this is interesting and I guess there's an explanation hiding in there somewhere. If I were spamming half the community with mails, then I probably wouldn't have time to also send back a reply.

Khorus said:

He isn't interested in conversation, just on getting opinions and answers.

I guess that must be the answer. That's just sad.

I'm kind of a big deal round here... And he did target me too. I used to respond, back when it was PMs on here and before he got banned, but I got tired of his constant questions, much like everybody else. When I received an email, a PM from The Boulder which was a copy/paste of said email and a reference to it to make sure I knew I had it, I reported the account to the moderators (the account was banned shortly afterwards) and deleted the contacts. He goes away if you ignore him - presumably to go hassle somebody else.

I wonder why he's so obsessed with reviews and ratings... I mean, I'm pretty narcissistic and insecure about my own work, but actively hassling people for opinions seems way too much :\

I got a few PMs from this guy but because I knew who this guy was(more or less), I really didn't bother to reply to any of them.

I believe I got both a PM and an email from him recently, also wanting my thoughts on certain releases. I just ignored them though since, at the time, I had no idea who it was (but now I'm pretty sure it was him).

Obsidian said:

I've never gotten anything from him. Not sure how I feel about that. :P

Totally insignificant? :P

Like Mechadon, I've received both PMs and email. That was a few years ago after some idiot uploaded a couple of Quake mods to the archive, nothing since then.

Obsidian said:

I've never gotten anything from him. Not sure how I feel about that. :P

I got one and im a complete nobody :D

I guess I filled his NZer qouta

Damn, the number of guys receiving mails from this dude just keeps stacking...

Memfis said:

What the hell guys? He always replies to me. Maybe you're just too rude or something. :p

Cuz u is special, mon!

He sent me a detailed rant about a /idgames comment he didn't like. The kicker? I wasn't the person who made said comment, I don't know the person who made said comment, and I never had any interaction whatsoever with Brandon Lade either.

Got a PM from 'the Boulder' about Unholy Realms and replied but before he could read it his account had been banned so he emailed me as well.

I didn't know (but did suspect) it was BDL who had sent the PM but since it was just a case of copy/pasting my ready made response I emailed him what I'd originally sent as a PM.

Never got a reply either.

We have exchanged emails in the past regarding Hadephobia and CC4 (the latter during the Doomworld MW Club playthrough) and I honestly have never felt pestered but I couldn't be bothered spending time responding to emails if it's essentially only a data grabbing exercise.

purist said:

... but I couldn't be bothered spending time responding to emails if it's essentially only a data grabbing exercise.

That's largely the way I feel too and what made me make this thread. Because, it's basically the only conclusion that's left when he doesn't reply and writes to vast number of people.

Chris Hansen said:

That's largely the way I feel too and what made me make this thread. Because, it's basically the only conclusion that's left when he doesn't reply and writes to vast number of people.

Brandon pm'd me a long time ago to get my opinion on No Rest For the Living, going so far as to link me some warez, just so I wouldn't be able to miss out on dictating my feelings. Then at some point in '13 he started spamming my blog with comments, some of which were pretty worthless, some of which weren't. I got a little pissy with him and he's left me alone since. What really irritated me was him offering an "official" apology to Cannonball for ConC.E.R.Ned not getting a mention in the Cacowards.

I wasn't as irritated as some people were in '11 when he was drumming up a Valkiriforce vs. Skillsaw showdown in the nominations thread, which some people have now come to associate with some actual bad blood between valk and skillsaw. Why, I don't know; probably because Brandon is so annoying.

Also, Tarnsman apparently used him as a beta tester, during which Brandon made some very precise comments as to things he wanted changed for the balance of a level, like ammo and health. Tarnsman sent the level to him again, unchanged, and Brandon declared the balance perfect.

kmxexii said:

Also, Tarnsman apparently used him as a beta tester, during which Brandon made some very precise comments as to things he wanted changed for the balance of a level, like ammo and health. Tarnsman sent the level to him again, unchanged, and Brandon declared the balance perfect.

Epic.

I have recieved several PMs and emails from mr Lade throughout my years at DW. I dont mind at all, but often I dont bother to reply, because...well, just as everyone else have said.

Phobus said:

I'm kind of a big deal round here...

So modest.

And I got a random PM from him too but I kinda shrugged it off thinking he thought I was someone else or something.

I got both a mail and a PM from him too, which was a little bit odd to me as I'm close to being nobody here in the forums. I didn't reply to any of them though.

Is this the same guy who has asked me on my Youtube videos about WAD opinions? After a while I started to get irritated and told him politely to stop and he did.

Then I got an email from bdl816 which asked me about WADs too..

I'm not so sure if it's the same guy who bugged me on Youtube or not.

Yeah, kakhome and bdl816 are some of his aliases. I have no idea how many he has, but I'm pretty sure there's more than those two.

And the mystery goes on, forever and ever. No one will find out the true identity of...

Brandon D. Lade a.k.a. The WAD King or bdl816 or kakhome or...

Mr. Chris said:

Is this the same guy who has asked me on my Youtube videos about WAD opinions?

Fucking hell!! I'd have just blocked the bastard.

I got a PM from 'The Boulder' asking for opinion on some WADs, but I didn't think of replying.