Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

A question about a certain Mr. Lade

Going by his logic, I would imagine that if all the wads in the archive were all mysteriously downvoted to 3 stars or less that he wouldn't be able to play pwads anymore.

Got an email yesterday, oddly enough. I've interacted with him before, but once I responded to something he said, it became a situation of him hounding me. Once I stopped responding it became much more sporadic, but I guess it'll never die off completely. The question is which one of us poor bastards is he going to off next...

Sounds like Brandon's mental development is D. Lade. *shot*

Terrible puns aside, I had no idea who this guy was until I read about it. That is the strangest obsession ever, why can't he just accept that it's okay to have your own tastes without the approval of a larger group? Especially in something so arbitrary like number ratings and not even the actual reviews with analysis.

Also, if his parents are blocking Wikipedia, it sounds like he's pretty sheltered. Dunno why satanic imagery and loads of violence and gore are more accepted by his parents than the slim chance of stumbling upon an article about reproduction (assuming that's their reasoning).

Perhaps it would be best to simply block and ignore his emails? If his inbox remained empty no matter how much spam he sends out, he might give up. Maybe. With this guy, I can't tell.

I would like to point out that this is a person who wrote an e-mail pretending to be his parents to try to get himself unlosered / unbanned.

Bloodshedder said:

I would like to point out that this is a person who wrote an e-mail pretending to be his parents to try to get himself unlosered / unbanned.

That was a stroke of evil genius. He's probably been using forums like these to master the art of social engineering before seeking employment with Homeland Security - or the Russian Mafia.

What was irritating before I told him to stop is that he was dumb enough to actually post a reply to a reply of mine on someone else's video poking me to respond to his initial few questions in Youtube PM.

Any of the people who got mails/PMs from him never released any map? Seems to me he was after mappers' opinions of other mappers' works.

Gez said:

Any of the people who got mails/PMs from him never released any map? Seems to me he was after mappers' opinions of other mappers' works.

I believe that's what he's after, but I don't think he's even asking so he can figure out if he should like it or not. He asked for Mr. Chris's opinion on Jenesis. A mapset he (as MegaDoomer) playtested.

I can only assume he literally wants everyone's opinion on everything.

And yeah, I'm another one he's been e-mailing asking for various opinions on things. I've been ignoring them recently on account of business with university, and due to the fact that he pressed me for further opinions on MWDoom, which annoyed me seeing as I already went to the trouble of posting everything I had to say. It's like he's watching every thread, scouting for anything vaguely resembling criticism and/or opinion, especially from those of us who seem to have made mapping efforts of their own, and then presumably putting them in a great big spreadsheet so he can see at-a-glance who thinks what of what.

While this thread is polite, it feels like the community are un-intentally lynching the guy.

Vermil said:

While this thread is polite, it feels like the community are un-intentally lynching the guy.

Nah it's more like killing Zombie Flanders before you even know he was a zombie.

Gez said:

It plays a factor yes however, Obsidian never received an email and the only maps I have released are for multiplayer only, but I do have demos on YouTube for two of the wads mentioned. My text files also mention "speed runner" in the miscellaneous author section. I found the first email and I asked where he got the email from (thinking that it might be from Google code), here is the response:

Email censored.
Mon, 6th Jan 2014, 1:00
To: Me

I got the address because you released a wad in 2013 and had your email address in the text file.

Overall did you enjoy both wads?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
bdl816

EDIT: I thought it was in 2013 I got the message, obviously not.

Vermil said:

Personally, it's very much intentional. I don't care if a total stranger tells me to eat shit and die in a public post, but contacting me in private as if we were army buddies just peeves me off. Boundaries, people.

Glenzinho, did you just send me a copy of Brandon's email? X-D

I know it's not from the legend himself, but here ya go anyways =)

Nice. Glad to know someone cares. :P

Bloodshedder said:

I think it would be more weird if his actual parents did write it.

Chris Hansen said:

Yeah, kakhome and bdl816 are some of his aliases. I have no idea how many he has, but I'm pretty sure there's more than those two.

Kakhome has posted a few comments on some of my videos. Asking the same thing about wads.

Gez said:

With one point something maps in the archive, I'm just outside that category. Don't know why he chose to discuss those Quake mods masquerading as Doom wads with me, unless it's because I didn't expose his loser evasion during his self-imposed "exile" in Blogs as MegaDoomer.

He tried other hobbies involving pointless stats, but they just didn't compare to wad crunching. I'd say his ultimate goal is to create a statistically objective all-time ladder of wads. Then you'll see, unbelievers.

Gez said:

I've never released anything resembling a map.

Darch said:

Seems to me like a obsessive compulsive disorder case...(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder)

If that's the case, I think people could go easier on him. (although I have no idea how this could be checked :P)

Yeah, that's the vibe I get. I don't begrudge him, it's not like he can help it, it just got really annoying

I haven't had any emails or anything from him relating to Doom, but I knew exactly who this guy is before I even joined the Doom community.

This was when he was bumbling around in the Descent community. And I know it is exactly him because:
1) He has gone by KakHome, as mentioned earlier in this thread
2) at http://kakreview.blogspot.com/ there is this little gem:

Recently I've been in a Descent I mood and I'm looking for some good missions (longer than a level) for it that are well worth playing. I already know of the staples Vignettes and ONP. But a search of the Descent Missions Database has revealed other sets varying from 3 to around 15 levels that have decent ratings.
I didn't include any with such poor scores that it's obvious they aren't worth my time.

At the Descent Missions Database, a level that hasn't been rated will have a rating of 0%. However, even after I explained this to him, he continued to bash any levels that had this rating, which included a couple of level sets which were deemed so impressive by Descent's developers that they hired on the guy as a level designer for the third game in the series (well that's the story in a nutshell).

He's since been banned and tossed in one of their Forums' Troll Zoos for being an annoying little shit. Sucks that he's still harassing people for ratings in other games.

Memfis said:

What the hell guys? He always replies to me. Maybe you're just too rude or something. :p

No Memfis, you are the Lade!
And then Memfis spammed Doomworld.

I think he may be trying to see what we (as a community) like so he can try and make a great wad that will not get under 4 stars on the archive (assumption put together because of what I have read so far), he must be using more "popular" megawads in his questions because he thinks we have all played them...

It's like a survey!

Gez said:

I've never released any of my maps, and yes, he sent me an e-mail asking about my opinion on Unholy Realms and Concerned. I replied, giving him my opinions (he was The Boulder at that time). Curiously enough, he didn't reply back. Then, a couple of days later, he got banned.

kmxexii said:

I wasn't as irritated as some people were in '11 when he was drumming up a Valkiriforce vs. Skillsaw showdown in the nominations thread, which some people have now come to associate with some actual bad blood between valk and skillsaw. Why, I don't know; probably because Brandon is so annoying.

Does anyone actually believe that there was some kind of conflict between Valkiriforce and me? I was annoyed at BDL at the time, but I never had anything but respect for Valkiriforce.

More on topic, I've never recieved any e-mails or pms from BDL except an invitation to read his blog, and another to provide very specific feedback on monster count for my CC4 map. He did ask me for very specific opinions on my 2011 projects in public threads at some point, though, IIRC.