Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spinesplitter

Zandronum and Doomseeker showing limited servers and Wadseeker not working.

Hello everyone, been a while since I posted but I'm having a really hard time figuring out this issue. So today I decided to delete my old Zandronum and Doomseeker files and start anew. I downloaded the newest Zandronum with the included Doomseeker. I boot it up, update it, configure my executables and my IWADs and file paths, and am ready to play....but I can't. My Doomseeker application only shows about 4 active severs, 2 of which are locked and password protected, in a non-filtered server list. All others are showing either "No Response" or "refreshed too early". On top of that, my Wadseeker isn't working. I go to download the required WAD for one of the very few open and working servers to choose from, and I get an error message saying "Wad Seeker isn't working correctly." I just wanna play multiplayer Doom online again, I haven't in like a year. All applications are updated and are their newest versions, I just downloaded them today from the official Zandronum website. I have my IWADs and executable engines set. I have my file paths set. What's wrong? It's very strange that I cannot find any solutions to any of these issues anywhere. I read some where to try and turn off you firewall and allow inbound and outbound connections from anywhere. I tried it, still no luck. I never used to have these problems. Can someone help? Maybe there's something really simple that I'm forgetting or overlooking. Beat's me if I know what it is though.

If you think it's a problem with your Doomseeker configuration, don't forget that that ends up in %AppData%/.doomseeker (I think that's right).

If you're getting a large number of refreshed too early results, then go to the query configuration and increase the batch delay a bit. You can also try reducing the batch size a little as well. Doing so slows down the query speed, but helps on some connections.

Is that the entirety of the Wadseeker error?

Blzut3 said:

If you think it's a problem with your Doomseeker configuration, don't forget that that ends up in %AppData%/.doomseeker (I think that's right).

If you're getting a large number of refreshed too early results, then go to the query configuration and increase the batch delay a bit. You can also try reducing the batch size a little as well. Doing so slows down the query speed, but helps on some connections.

Is that the entirety of the Wadseeker error?

"Target directory is not set, is invalad or cannot be written to.
Please review your configuration and/or refer to online help available from the Help Menu." That's the entirety of the Wadseeker error. I don't see how that's possible cause I have a folder set already. How can an empty folder be invalid or unable to be written into?