Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babo

Has anyone beat doom 2 without dying?

Do people hate doom2 and doom1 EP4 just because it's hard? Da fuq? What's the fun if there's absolutely no challenge? That's why I think doom1 ep1 is quite boring because you can almost complete it blindfolded... actually maybe you can on the easiest difficulty. That can't be said about the other episodes.

On the PS1 in one sitting, yes. On the PC I have yet to do this...then again I have nightmare run planned after I finish hexen: deathkings of the dark citadel so it would be as good as time as any.

Looper said:

Do people hate doom2 and doom1 EP4 just because it's hard? Da fuq? What's the fun if there's absolutely no challenge? That's why I think doom1 ep1 is quite boring because you can almost complete it blindfolded... actually maybe you can on the easiest difficulty. That can't be said about the other episodes.

I never said that, the difficulty is not why I don't like doom 2.

Slink said:

As in, a single play-through without saving your game? I can do it with the first three episodes of the original Doom. I can't make it far through episode 4 (and I hate this episode in general).I can also beat Doom 2 on Ultraviolence, but I'm not sure I could do it in a single sitting.

Yeah it's hard isn't it?

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Would you two like to have a Doom tournament to see who's really better. ToD, Babo, you in?

Yeah. But single player UV speed run, I've never played deathmatch. Which is the point of that ****** calling me out for hating doom 2 because it's "hard" which isn't why.

>Babo challenging ToD to a speedrun
I again lack the proper image to express the emotion I am feeling right now

Tarnsman said:

Well ToD hasn't recorded anything except half-assed first exits for like a year. I'm sure he is in for a challenge.

I beat Doom 2 on UV with no deaths all in one run...

But about 5 hours of doing so was not really an accomplishment and it was on the Doom 3 Collectors Edition for the original XBox so no demo either.

And when it comes down to the speedrun duel, your controls MUST be inverted and you must also use a port that is has an unstable framerate (If one doesn't exist then open up about 50 torrents, that usually does the trick for both shagging the framerate AND fucking the computer up).

Oh and no SSG.

Tarnsman said:

A classic, if you will.

A better question is can you beat each map on its own on UV?

babo said:

Yeah. But single player UV speed run, I've never played deathmatch. Which is the point of that ****** calling me out for hating doom 2 because it's "hard" which isn't why.

I was talking about single player. I suck at deathmatch and only play single player (used to coop a lot).

Anyway, if you go to the trouble of learning all the maps and beat doom2 without dying, I bet you a dollar you won't think doom2 is a terrible game anymore (because it's awesome).

Also j4rio, I did try hard for my first exits. Unless you're saying my demos themselves are half-assed, then that's ok too :)

Oh shit ToD!!! Babos callin you out!!

I beat Doom 2 several times without dying IRL.

I've played Memorial.wad, does it counts? It only adds more monsters until MAP09, from that point on, until MAP30 everything looks and has the same stuff (aside from the extra rooms that connect each level, of course)

Tarnsman said:

Zed said:

It isn't really that difficult, even if you are only moderately good. It's just a matter of knowing the maps and playing carefully, but keep in mind that if you play slowly, it could take you like 3-4 hours.

+32, and I must have had a lot more free time then, as I managed to get 3 x 100% too (except when you can't do that because of map bugs) without using the mouse.  I had to reload once because Doom95 crashed on MAP25.  Don't look for it on longplays.org anytime soon though; it took nearly 8 hours.  :D

I remember bringing a stopwatch to measure my heart rate at the finish, which was 210/minute.

I've beaten Doom 2 a couple times and I'm still alive. Does that count?

TimeOfDeath said:

I was talking about single player. I suck at deathmatch and only play single player (used to coop a lot).

Anyway, if you go to the trouble of learning all the maps and beat doom2 without dying, I bet you a dollar you won't think doom2 is a terrible game anymore (because it's awesome).

Also j4rio, I did try hard for my first exits. Unless you're saying my demos themselves are half-assed, then that's ok too :)

I'm talking about speed running the shit out of doom 1, I'm not as familiar with doom 2 although I've beat it. And it's still a sht game, but it's not about the difficulty or gameplay. Read my thread about doom 2 again.

babo said:

I'm talking about speed running the shit out of doom 1, I'm not as familiar with doom 2 although I've beat it. And it's still a sht game, but it's not about the difficulty or gameplay. Read my thread about doom 2 again.

babo said:

I mean on UV difficulty without ever dying. Or even doom 1 for that matter? Is it even possible?

When I read the first post again, nothing makes sense anymore.

Oh my god every image in this entire thread is fucking hilarious.

Ultimate Doom can be kinda easy to beat on UV, even episode 4 once you're used to it - just as long as you take your sweet time and DON'T RUSH. I'm no spreedrunner. Still haven't done Doom 2 all the way through without dying once, things get a little tricky there, but both games have superb level design imo, even the ones people usually criticize I love.

babo said:

I'm not as familiar with doom 2 although I've beat it. And it's still a sht game

gtfo thx

babo said:

Every time you post you keep contradicting yourself.