Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Mysteries of Doom

That's a sound tunnel. When you enter the general area and fire your weapon, it allows the imps hidden in the cubby to come out and attack.

E1M9 has an identical sound tunnel; it's how the pentagram trap works.

To alert the imps in the hidden closet. The closed hidden door blocks the sound, that little passage lets the sound travel to the hidden closet, thus springing a sneaky attack.

Zed said:

I could also mention that if you just search for blood + color/colour in the forums you should get some relevant hits. I personally use this one, courtesy of glenzinho.

Geee, thanks! I made my own colours (bright blue and green, and black blood for Archvile, as I always pictured; I'm also thinking about making different red tones for other monsters--imps should have dirty red, but for now I'm good).

GoatLord said:

If I recall, those crushers make for some pretty scary ambient noises in the PSX version.

Yep. Mapping trick to make it seem like the portals have sound. The closer you get to the portals, the louder it gets. It sounds much better on PSX than on PC.

GoatLord said:

I believe Doom Expanded does as well.

Does it ever. It gives me a sadistic pleasure slashing blue all over the walls with the chaingun.

Jaws In Space said:

For some reason the entire map was shifted in version 1.8 to be closer to the 0,0 coordinate, along with all of the things. It caused some issues though as some of the floor flats became misaligned. So in version 1.9 the map was shifted again, but they forgot to move the barrel & shotgun guy.

This is a result in id's original IDBSP very inaccurate thing placement. Many things are off a few units compared to the original release, but the barrel is just the most obvious one.