Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Weekly Newstuff Chronicles Game Server Suggestion

Weekly Newstuff Chronicles Game Server Suggestion

Suddenly, an idea came right into my head when I was staring at the index page of Doomworld, looking at those big texts of "/Newstuff Chronicles". What I'm suggesting in here is that if there is any way, any way that is available, Doomworld, or other dedicators can host a server running wads from "/newstuff" weekly, as long as they are oldschool based/Zdoom(Zdaemon) suppported. It sounds a very fresh idea to me to keep Zdaemon and the Doom community a lot more alive.

This is a good idea, but it might not work out every week. For starters, some WADs are either too short/small or too crappy to be worth playing on ZDaemon.

Also, you'd have to weed out all the WADs that aren't ZDoom/ZDaemon compatible. But otherwise, that's a great idea. I'm still waiting for an AV coop server...

Archvile64 said:

I'm still waiting for an AV coop server...

Cooping on Zdaemon? Ha... haha...

Liam the Bard said:

Cooping on Zdaemon? Ha... haha...

DIE

Well I do like to co-op. Every time I just join some random coop zdaemon server though, it always is/winds up to be one of those 1000-respawn lag fests where you unload your 8 shells into a horde of large demons then commit suicide so you can regain the shotgun at the start and take a 10 mile hike through the map to do it again.

Co-op is approximately 1000 times more fun when you do it via Zdoom/Legacy with a friend(s).

Yeah, AV was fun with you and Lüt when I just typed in the IP addresses and joined our own games.

I know it's happened before, it's happening now, I'm just saying it's lame.

Liam the Bard said:

I know it's happened before, it's happening now, I'm just saying it's lame.

It's still more fun than getting spawn-fragged 20 times in a row on D5 Map 02 with 8 players.

Liam the Bard said:

Well I do like to co-op. Every time I just join some random coop zdaemon server though, it always is/winds up to be one of those 1000-respawn lag fests where you unload your 8 shells into a horde of large demons then commit suicide so you can regain the shotgun at the start and take a 10 mile hike through the map to do it again.

Co-op is approximately 1000 times more fun when you do it via Zdoom/Legacy with a friend(s).

Does that also happen in cooping in other SP games? Such as Quake and QuakeII?

Archvile64 said:

It's still more fun than getting spawn-fragged 20 times in a row on D5 Map 02 with 8 players.

I usually don't have trouble finding a good dm server... if I don't I just like play DoD or something besides doom for a while.

It's been a while since I've used ZDaemon...haven't found the time out of classes, yet strangely I can post here....

Archvile64 said:

This is a good idea, but it might not work out every week. For starters, some WADs are either too short/small or too crappy to be worth playing on ZDaemon.

Also, you'd have to weed out all the WADs that aren't ZDoom/ZDaemon compatible. But otherwise, that's a great idea. I'm still waiting for an AV coop server...

pick the one which is decent and run it