Ouchface
User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Full list of Doom clones/similar games?
Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:46. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doomkid
Forum Staple

FireFish said:
Then i might have misinterpreted the word 'clone' in the topic title and many of the posts here. It might just be a personal taste where to me a doom clone is a game which attempts to be an exact rip-off of doom without ending up in a load of copyright infringement. Games like freedoom perhaps ?

I see what you mean, I didn't mean clone as a derogatory term, perhaps I should have called them "Doom inspired" games, but the term "Doom clone" has been around for so long that I figured a lot of people would know what I meant. :P

Old Post May 29 2014 09:59 #
Doomkid is offline Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Maes
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

FireFish said:
Then i might have misinterpreted the word 'clone' in the topic title and many of the posts here. It might just be a personal taste where to me a doom clone is a game which attempts to be an exact rip-off of doom without ending up in a load of copyright infringement. Games like freedoom perhaps ?

Heh, you wish. If there were more such "Doom clones", the -gaming- world would be a better place.

Old Post May 29 2014 10:32 #
Maes is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
StrifeB4D00M
Registered just to make one post

Anyone else kinda feel bad about labeling these games "Doom Clones" When Kinda the First of these types of games were made before Doom was released Like Catacomb 3-D. So they shouldn't label these games after a game that really wasn't the Original game to start the genre.

Old Post Aug 7 2015 19:29 #
StrifeB4D00M is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Canofbacon

StrifeB4D00M said:
Anyone else kinda feel bad about labeling these games "Doom Clones" When Kinda the First of these types of games were made before Doom was released Like Catacomb 3-D. So they shouldn't label these games after a game that really wasn't the Original game to start the genre.

Nah

Old Post Aug 7 2015 19:42 #
Canofbacon is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tritnew

I did recently found out about Alien Cabal. It's pretty much a shitty DOOM clone that had a Mapping thing as well, there's no music at all and It's literally just shit. Probably the shittiest DOOM clone I've played.

Old Post Aug 7 2015 20:58 #
Tritnew is offline Tumblr || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
HorrorMovieGuy

Check out this playlist. There's a lot of obscure doom clones in there

Old Post Aug 7 2015 21:22 #
HorrorMovieGuy is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tritnew

HorrorMovieGuy said:
Check out this playlist. There's a lot of obscure doom clones in there

I've heard of the Duke level packs and stuff, but I'll have to check these out. Did heard of the Quake II one though.

Old Post Aug 7 2015 21:35 #
Tritnew is offline Tumblr || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Buckshot

oh god... I remember picking up "Isle of the Dead" in a RadioShack bargain bin, and after playing Wolfenstein 3D and Blakestone (not that I was trying to compare it to DOOM because I was clearly able to distinguish it was going to look far more like wolf/blake just from the box pics), rushing home to play my sweet $5 find...

...and then really wanting back my $5.

It was an atrocious turd.

http://www.pcgamer.com/saturday-cra...le-of-the-dead/

Old Post Aug 7 2015 21:43 #
Buckshot is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tritnew

Buckshot said:
oh god... I remember picking up "Isle of the Dead" in a RadioShack bargain bin, and after playing Wolfenstein 3D and Blakestone (not that I was trying to compare it to DOOM because I was clearly able to distinguish it was going to look far more like wolf/blake just from the box pics), rushing home to play my sweet $5 find...

Oh God, Isle of The Dead, I remember looking at LGR reviewing It and I gotta say, the game seems headache Inducing but the Animations are Perfect.

Old Post Aug 7 2015 21:58 #
Dave The Daring

Castle Master (1990), released on just about every home computer of the day, with the best two versions being the Atari ST and Amiga ports. It was made using the Freescape engine, which was capable of rendering environments in full 3D. Although it was mostly a 3D adventure game, the player also had to contend with energy sapping spirits which could only be dispatched with a well thrown rock. Classic.

Old Post Aug 8 2015 02:03 #
Dave The Daring is offline Twitter account || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
vadrig4r
Mini-Member

Buckshot said:

Shit the bed, what a classic.

Old Post Aug 8 2015 04:28 #
vadrig4r is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enderkevin13
Give a man a fish...

Haxc, Heretic, Hexen, and Strife are all made by ID Software, as well as chex quest.

Those are not clones of doom, but they run on the doom engine.

Old Post Aug 8 2015 11:12 #
Enderkevin13 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
scifista42
Forum Spammer

Enderkevin13 said:
Haxc, Heretic, Hexen, and Strife are all made by ID Software, as well as chex quest.

In fact, none of them was made by idSoftware. Hacx was made by Banjo Software, Heretic and Hexen by Raven Software, Strife by Rogue Entertainment, and Chex Quest by Digital Cafe.

Old Post Aug 8 2015 11:40 #
scifista42 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tritnew

scifista42 said:
In fact, none of them was made by idSoftware. Hacx was made by Banjo Software, Heretic and Hexen by Raven Software, Strife by Rogue Entertainment, and Chex Quest by Digital Cafe.

True, but Id Software was Involved with most of Heretic, having Romero as the Executive Producer and the Engine obviously by John Carmack, possibly the same with Hexen as well. As for Chex Quest, It wasn't made by Id Software.

Old Post Aug 8 2015 11:44 #
DMGUYDZ64
Ignorant Member

Superluigieth1 said:
Half-Life 2,
Half-Life 2 Episode 1,
Half-Life 2 Episode 2,

Half-life 1 is the only One in HL Series inspired by DOOM, if you take it that way every FPS is inspired by DOOM :P .

Old Post Aug 8 2015 13:43 #
DMGUYDZ64 is online now Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Altazimuth
Mini-Member

In Pursuit of Greed is a Raven Engine game that I haven't seen mentioned here.

Edit: Also, Extreme Paintbrawl 2 is a thing.

Last edited by Altazimuth on Aug 8 2015 at 14:18

Old Post Aug 8 2015 14:05 #
Altazimuth is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote