Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Yeehaw, Spider-man's movie is out today! & Spiderman broke a record

I might see it, but I saw the guy who played SpiderMan and thought "Oh great, this is worse that Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic", it looks like just another girly flick.

All the promo shots looked silly too, but what the heck, I haven't seen a movie in like half a year, I'm due, no matter how horrible it is.

Weedster said:

About Jason X, pfft...that probably ruined the whole Friday the 13th saga right there. It doesn't look like a horror movie, just some corny action flick worth laughing at. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.[/Dennis Miller ripoff]

no, it didn't ruin it. the friday the 13th sreies survived part 8: jason takes manhattan, which was totally gay. that was the best chance they've had so far to ruin it. at the very least, they tried something this time. seems like they are moving jason out of crystal lake more and more. it was a little of the "alien" formula; "monster nobody can seem to find on a spaceship killing everyone", but there were a few laughs. jason will keep going...

Wait, Jason X, isn't that the spaceship one that got canned years back?

AOL News
Man Robs N.Y. Store of Rare Comics

.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - As the ``Spider-Man'' movie scaled the box office this weekend, a man robbed a store of rare comic books, including the first issue of ``The Amazing Spider Man.''

Police said a man entered Action Comics in Manhattan on Saturday and approached clerk Stuart Bowler.

The man then reached into a duffel bag and said, ``'I have to show you these things,''' Bowler said. ``I thought he was trying to sell some books, because everyone's always trying to sell books, but then he pulls out a gun.''

Bowler said the man was apologetic as he handcuffed him and took more than $20,000 worth of rare comic books. ``He said, 'I'm sorry. I hate to have to do it this way, but I really need the money,''' Bowler said.

The robber even stopped to unload his gun before heading back out onto the crowded street, he said. Police were still searching for the man.

The movie version of the famed comic book superhero opened in theaters this weekend, pulling in more than $100 million.

05/06/02 11:18 EDT

It's not that good. But that's coming from someone who never liked comic books. Even though I hadn't read the comics, I got a sense that the movie was true to the comics. My problem with the movie was the movie never got me caring about the characters. The only part where I did was at the beginning when Peter Parker told his uncle to not try being his father. It was such a slap in the poor old man's face. The first half of the movie was definately better than the second. The whole first half was quite good, almost really good.

One thing I thought cool about the movie was the message it gave to big corporations.

^What the hell !? How'd you get up there, Liam and Lament^

I have no idea. A forum bug, perhaps.

This is not the double-post bug either, because in that case Liam's post would go after mine.

[edit]Or maybe it is the double-post bug after all[/edit]

Spiderman broke a record

Shouldn't he pay for it, then? :P

In all seriousness, I would REALLY like to see the Spiderman movie, but by the time I do, it'll probably be two years old and on Cinemax :)

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS.

We fucking NEED movies like Scorpion King, Resident Evil and Jason-X. Sure, they're stupid and poorly acted and misuse computer effects, but bloody hell, they're still usually more entertaining than the mainstream shit.

Tell me you didn't get a giggle when JasonX was taking care of the campers who liked weed and premarital sex. Tell me that didn't make you smile. =)

Friday the 13th, pffft. Those movies never made any fucking sense.

Hmm... nice to know that Mr. Sub isn't the only place being robbed this weekend. The store I work at got robbed on Saturday nite at 1030. Two guys with machetes jumped over the counter. Had to help clean up the store. Turned out to be a 12 hour day. Luckily I wasn't there when it happened, although I was last time, about 2 years ago. It makes me sick that someone would do something dishonest like that. >:(

999cop said:

took more than $20,000 worth of rare comic books.

Gee, he must have had a truck to load all that in.

I still stand firm on refusing to see that movie.

bigbadgangsta said:

I haven't seen Spiderman yet, but I bet it is better than X-Men

Anything is better than X-Men, that movie is utter shit.

It's a pretty good movie... much better than what I was expecting. The previews make it seem really cheezy and make the special effects look like shit. Turns out the real movie is just the opposite. Besides... it's Sam Raimi!! He brought us timeless classic like... uhm... ARMY OF DARKNESS

orion said:

I still stand firm on refusing to see that movie.

Just because people like it?

I only go to see movies if I like their trailers. Reviews doesn't mean shit to me.

bigbadgangsta said:

I haven't seen Spiderman yet, but I bet it is better than X-Men

I'm sure hoping so.

Zaldron: Never judge a book by it's...trailer :/

Uuhm it's not that I go to see the movies with the flashier trailers. What ussually sells me is the relation between music, cliffhangers and visual style.

Whatever you say...then again, I base my opinion on what I see in the trailers too :/

dsm said:

Friday the 13th, pffft. Those movies never made any fucking sense.

Agreed :)

About 95% or more of the movies made today suck complete ass IMO. What is the world coming too? Oh, I know...generation X ;)

dude, if i was that guy, i would have gone to a bookstore or somewhere and just stayed there reading them without paying them. I did the other day in Kroger(a geocery store here in GA), did read quite a few pages >;D

Weedster said:

Agreed :)

About 95% or more of the movies made today suck complete ass IMO.

That's not true, there are a few good ones every now and than (definatly more than 5% of all), I know I saw plenty good ones last summer.

Zaldron said:

Just because people like it?

I only go to see movies if I like their trailers. Reviews doesn't mean shit to me.

Actually I made my mind up before the movie was out, and before I read any reviews on it. I just hate movies about superhero's I used to like back when I was 8. Seeing it would make me feel plain ol retarded.

orion said:

Actually I made my mind up before the movie was out, and before I read any reviews on it. I just hate movies about superhero's I used to like back when I was 8. Seeing it would make me feel plain ol retarded.

Why? Half the fucking country has seen it.