Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > The making of The Earth Base
 
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheCastle
Mini-Member


Posts: 70
Registered: 05-10


This is in preparation before I begin work on a new Doom 2 level. Its a very detailed video and I had a lot of fun making it.

http://youtu.be/coH6W9Sytb4

Hope ya enjoy!

__________________
http://castledoes.carbonmade.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/zZCastleZz
Twitter: @zZCastleZz

Last edited by TheCastle on 05-26-14 at 05:04

Old Post 05-24-14 23:18 #
TheCastle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title


Posts: 2253
Registered: 01-08


I still regard NRFTL as one of my favourite level sets ever made, and that's ignoring the Official status. They are eventually getting converted to PSX style as a side project to PSX Doom: The Lost Levels, so I hope you guys enjoy the eventual result!

Side note: I was always hoping Nerve would also port Heretic, Hexen and Quake to consoles, I really liked those Doom/Wolf 3D ports.

I still laugh everytime I see that one monster closet on Vivisection :p

Old Post 05-25-14 01:23 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheCastle
Mini-Member


Posts: 70
Registered: 05-10



Ragnor said:
I still regard NRFTL as one of my favourite level sets ever made, and that's ignoring the Official status. They are eventually getting converted to PSX style as a side project to PSX Doom: The Lost Levels, so I hope you guys enjoy the eventual result!

Side note: I was always hoping Nerve would also port Heretic, Hexen and Quake to consoles, I really liked those Doom/Wolf 3D ports.

I still laugh everytime I see that one monster closet on Vivisection :p



I am carious to know how PSX version of those levels works out!

Know what would have been super awesome is if we did Ports for Heretic, Hexen and Quake each with a new Episode of its own. Damnit, why didn't I think of this while I still had a job? :/

__________________
http://castledoes.carbonmade.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/zZCastleZz
Twitter: @zZCastleZz

Last edited by TheCastle on 05-26-14 at 05:04

Old Post 05-25-14 06:35 #
TheCastle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vorpal
Member


Posts: 356
Registered: 08-00


As a doom addict since around '96, I'd just like to say NRFTL measures up to the legacy of id, in my eyes.

Old Post 05-25-14 22:59 #
Vorpal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
FuzzballFox
Member


Posts: 285
Registered: 08-08


Not to stir hate but I lost interest the moment "Brutal Doom" was mentioned... >: Sorry

Old Post 05-25-14 23:19 #
FuzzballFox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheCastle
Mini-Member


Posts: 70
Registered: 05-10



Vorpal said:
As a doom addict since around '96, I'd just like to say NRFTL measures up to the legacy of id, in my eyes.


Its going to be interesting to live up to that when I make my next GZDoom level. XD


FuzzballFox said:
Not to stir hate but I lost interest the moment "Brutal Doom" was mentioned... >: Sorry


Brutal Doom, so many hate it, so many love it. In the end, its a pretty damn amazing mod. I feel it represents what a strong community can create.

__________________
http://castledoes.carbonmade.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/zZCastleZz
Twitter: @zZCastleZz

Last edited by TheCastle on 05-26-14 at 05:04

Old Post 05-26-14 02:08 #
TheCastle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jaxxoon R
Forum Regular


Posts: 708
Registered: 03-14


NRFTL + Complete artistic freedom?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/161031419/OH%2C%20YES.png

Old Post 05-26-14 04:26 #
Jaxxoon R is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheCastle
Mini-Member


Posts: 70
Registered: 05-10



Jaxxoon R said:
NRFTL + Complete artistic freedom?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/161031419/OH%2C%20YES.png



I didn't feel limited at all while working on NRFTL. It was a very liberating experience actually.

__________________
http://castledoes.carbonmade.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/zZCastleZz
Twitter: @zZCastleZz

Old Post 05-26-14 05:04 #
TheCastle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title


Posts: 2253
Registered: 01-08


ie why it wont run on vanilla engines, its limit removing :p

Anyway, now that you've mentioned it, I'd love to see what you and the other NRFTL designer can come up with for the other Doom Engine games, provided you still make stuff together of course.

Hmm. This all reminds me, I still havent finished off the PS3 Doom port...and NRFTL was next on the list of campaigns to do.

Old Post 05-26-14 13:28 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheCastle
Mini-Member


Posts: 70
Registered: 05-10



Ragnor said:
ie why it wont run on vanilla engines, its limit removing :p

Anyway, now that you've mentioned it, I'd love to see what you and the other NRFTL designer can come up with for the other Doom Engine games, provided you still make stuff together of course.

Hmm. This all reminds me, I still havent finished off the PS3 Doom port...and NRFTL was next on the list of campaigns to do.



Yeah I had our coder up the limits on the engine so we could do anything we wanted. As far as working together anymore, I am working alone now. I think those days are over. Who knows though.

Old Post 05-26-14 17:04 #
TheCastle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
 
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > The making of The Earth Base

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are OFF
[IMG] code is ON
 

< Contact Us - Doomworld >

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.