Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Civ

Hexen Walkthrough

Just recently, I bought a boxed copy of Hexen, for DOS. Of course I ran it on a sourceport, but I mainly bought it for the physical value of the box, and more importantly, the poster that is in near mint condition.

Although, I noticed something interesting. The game/box was used, and inside the box, I found an extra packet of papers.
They turned out to be a walkthrough of the game written on a typewriter.
At the top, it says that the walkthrough is by two guys by the name of Hwei Teoh, and David Madsen. It has a good 67 pages to it, with the page numbers written in pencil. On the first page is also a list of console commands for the game, also written in pencil.

I would just like to know if this is anything of interest, or if it is just the work of two teenagers with too much time.

said walkthrough seems to be mentioned here on Doomworld. however, the link to the walkthrough is broken, here seems to be a host of the entire thing: http://www.angelfire.com/ab/kriil/hexen.txt

i doubt it is of any actual value. if the game is used, then probably someone printed out the entire thing for personal usage. i guess it beat looking up the whole thing periodically back then.

Doomhuntress said:

said walkthrough seems to be mentioned here on Doomworld. however, the link to the walkthrough is broken, here seems to be a host of the entire thing: http://www.angelfire.com/ab/kriil/hexen.txt

i doubt it is of any actual value. if the game is used, then probably someone printed out the entire thing for personal usage. i guess it beat looking up the whole thing periodically back then.

You see, the thing is, this was written up on a typewriter, not printed.