Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Original Doom novel art For Sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halloween-Sale-Original-horror-art-computer-game-novel-cover-Doom-Infernal-Sky-/331338206526?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

I have no idea if this is real, but if it is, dayum. The new cover art for the last two Doom novels I figured were the best parts about them. Very big, very epic, gleefully misleading the buyer into an insane nonsensical story about broccoli people.

Still, it's hella cool. Wish I had that kind of cash laying around.

That is fucking expensive. Holy shit.

I think I'd honestly rather have the cheaper Doom statues that were sold recently. Thanks for sharing though, what an interesting find..

Its not even pristine condition. Also that dithering better be a cheap photo or scan or something.

I got the doom and final doom magazine ads which very beautiful art and were in perfect condition for 2.99 each.

I first saw this artwork in the Xaser's Lost Episode project, and was wowed. Didn't even realize it was from a book cover until I came across it at the used bookstore months later.

40oz said:

Its not even pristine condition. Also that dithering better be a cheap photo or scan or something.

I got the doom and final doom magazine ads which very beautiful art and were in perfect condition for 2.99 each.

It's the original acrylic painting. It's not a poster.

petePESTILENCE said:

Is this straight from the 90's?

The monsters look different to avoid a lawsuit I'm guessing?

anyway, I wouldn't pay THAT much for it. :/

Yes, it's from the 90s. Seeing it's from an official Doom novel, no, it had nothing to do with copyright concern. Artwork almost always looked different back then. For example, some Wolfenstein 3D art has M16s and AK-47s on it, despite the WWII setting. And BG is almost always shirtless, though in game he is fully clothed. Doom's box art also has that Baron/Cyber hybrid, while Doom II features a doomguy in different armor and a different hair do than what's seen in game. Artistic licences I guess. Usually, the boxart was always something cool, anyways.

Out of the Doom covers, I always preferred the Arch-Vile one, however.