Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Badass Icon of Sin sculpture

Holy fuck that's pretty epic looking, very expensive too, oddly though on the lower right corner it looks like there's a Hyperblaster and Grenade Launcher from Quake 2

Avoozl said:

oddly though on the lower right corner it looks like there's a Hyperblaster and Grenade Launcher from Quake 2

And super shotgun.

Only 6,000 dollars for this? Why not 6,666.66?

Noise, I would love to have this displayed. Bethesda store also had really cool icon of sin lithograph for sale but its now out of print. That custom reaper cyberdemon miniature with extra bodytubes and that rocket launcher on steroids were neat

This is simply badass. Also, bonous points for modeling Romero's head. Epic!

Jaxxoon R said:

I'd be afraid of it falling on me.

I'd be more concerned if it started spitting out spawn cubes.

That's an interesting way to recycle old computer parts.

pls trigger warning the cacos sharing x and y coordinates for us chocolate/vanilla doomers. namaste~

Realpost: This is neato but like others the "interface" inconsistency is a bit odd to me. I guess the statusbar parts that aren't the face aren't really iconic or interesting.

Super badass, and a great way of recycling obsolete computer hardware.

Now I want an actually working PC case like that, that plays DOOM demos around the clock.

Maes said:

If only Doom 4 was like this...

An Icon of Sin map for the HD generation to skip, only for it to be replicated in every Doom 4 mod, where it will always be skipped by players. Cool! ;)

That is a badass sculpture indeed, and thanks to this thread I just now found out we have a special interest subforum even though I've been browsing this site ever since like early 2004.

Instead of letting Romero buy it, he could just cut his head off, put it onto a spiky stick and stick it inside the IOS brain.

That was the final detail but he just let him buy it!

I guess he didn't blow all his Doom money on Ferraris and products with the purpose of appeasing his rocker hair.

He blew some of his Doom money on Doom.

I love how Romero is clearly still a big fan of Doom and still at least gives the impression of being like a kid with a really cool toy whenever he does anything Doom related. I find his enthusiasm for the game quite infectious.

As for the sculpture, I think it's really cool. OK, so the status bar is weird and not hugely representative of the one in Doom but I don't care. Overall the piece looks great.