Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unholypimpin

Uploading to Idgames problem

So I tried Uploading my wad to Idgames using both the command line and filezilla and I keep getting this same problem over and over, pretty much my file uploads to 100% then stops and after like 10-20 seconds it says connection timed out.

Now at first I thought it was filezilla but when the same problem happened with command line I became stumped.

My wad is only 3.5mb in size so hopefully thats not the problem.

Can anyone with experience in uploading to idgames tell me whats going on or what I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks In advance.

Well, if it goes to 100% I don't see a problem. The file won't show up in the directory listing if you expect that as confirmation of a successful upload.
If it doesn't actually complete upload try changing the connection to PASV mode.

Ya filezilla says ok to transfer then my zip file uploads to 100% but doesn't go into the transfer complete box in filezilla, about 10 seconds after it reaches 100% it says the connection has timed out and the connection attempts to reconnect automatically but says it can't because there are too many users logged onto my ip.

After all of this both files go into the failed transfer box.

Unholypimpin said:

the connection attempts to reconnect automatically but says it can't because there are too many users logged onto my ip.

That's a common problem with the archive. Try reducing the number of simultaneous connections to 1, either through Settings/Transfers as a global setting or through Site Manager/Transfer Settings if you've created a site entry for /idgames.

I think it also helps if you disconnect from the server long enough for it to forget your last connection, probably a minimum of 10 minutes.