Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

When maps are too hard (puzzle wise) and you don't want to cheat

kb1 said:

use a cheat I added to my port: "end" that ends the level. I think I have another cheat to end the level, and go to the secret level too, but I can't remember what it is now.

Me too! I've added idclevee and idcleves to my port to exit to the standard and secret exits respectivly.

Doomhuntress said:

flipping a switch and running around for half an hour to figure out what the hell it does

I added a cheat to my port such that the automap flashes moving sectors. Stand by the switch, select automap, press spacebar and see what flashes on the map...

Doomhuntress said:

but when the answer to beating a certain part of the level is completely illogical (e.g. pressing a wall to trigger an action, or the wall itself is A DOOR), then i just cheat to find the solution myself. sorry, but if you think that opening or pressing a wall to succeed is a good idea of a puzzle, then i bid you to re-consider your design-choice. put some logic behind creating a puzzle, seriously.

This reminds me, Map 21 (Unholy cathedral) of Deus Vult 2 is one of the most beautiful maps I've ever seen and played, but some of those secrets are completely illogical (pressing on random pillars and such). I get that some of them have been made exclusively for speed runners, but even then it looks stupid. Give me a hard-to-find secret that is the reward of a keen eye or mind any day over one that is the result of brute force Wolfenstein 3D wall humping.