Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeetyourUnmaker

Most atmospheric Wad?

DeathevokatioN said:

Alien Vendetta had a ridiculously high amount of maps that had an amazing atmosphere, and each of them strike a different chord with me... Beast Island for example had a melancholic and explorational atmosphere... the viewpoint where you see the castle in the distance had a lasting effect on me, and each of Kim's levels had moments that made my jaw drop, and his levels had a very eery and haunting feeling that was achieved through his dramatic lighting.. there's ofcourse more maps in AV like Nemesis but I think I'm preaching to the choir. :P

Misri Halek of course takes the cake. I agree on Beast Island and Nemesis, though.

I would highly recommend Knee Deep in ZDoom. It's one of the most atmospheric wads I ever played through. The download can be found here:

http://realm667.com/index.php/en/projects-mainmenu-50/104-finished/255-knee-deep-in-zdoom-kdizd

Also I would recommend that you play it with the Doom Ambient Pack which can be found here:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45060

Combined with that pack, this wad becomes the most atmospheric wad ever made. It literally felt like I was on a moon base being possessed by hell.

Posting in here to save this while I'm at school. I want to try out some of these WADs that were recommended.

Also, I'm yet to 100% Unloved.wad. Do you have to enable jumping in order to obtain the blue key in the crib? I think it's the blue key. It's been about a year since I last played it.

Earth is only atmospheric until you start moving. The first view is literally the only cool thing there, everything else is very poo. :p

Instead of hellground, just play American McGee's Alice, the game which hellground desperately tries to imitate or bring into doom or whatever. It's pretty much a ripoff of that game, and obviously an extremely limited one at that.