Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lvangundy

Screenshot from DW in 1999

Soundblock said:

If that's in response to me not uploading sector10.wad, then I can only say I'm 90% sure I didn't. Its a long time ago, so I guess I might have. If its on there, I guess I did. I remember a group of people responding to how the wad played/looked, so I guess it got some limited distribution (probably, a group email from now defunct sverre@texas,net or an IRC file share) around that time, but I don't think I would have uploaded it to idgames without having a functional exit to it...

I randomly just found the thread where you asked for playtesters: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/5884-1st-wad-in-6-years-i-need-some-testers/

Soundblock said:

Heh, that goddarn thing. Bit of a mayhem. Doubt anybody else got to the Icon Of Sin ending. Even so, the thing wouldn't work right. Should have, but for some reason the six-key puzzle's sectors didn't respond as per recipe. Only reason I didn't submit it to the contest was the fact it couldn't be exited. Should have included it as Map 30. I think I ALMOST managed to use all textures in Doom2.wad with that one.

I had a copy of this WAD sitting around too. The Icon of Sin design was pretty neat; there's lava flowing in its nostrils too.

Afterglow said:

I had a copy of this WAD sitting around too. The Icon of Sin design was pretty neat; there's lava flowing in its nostrils too.

http://i.imgur.com/oRmKjHU.png

Heh, back when there were more people playing maps than making maps. Seems the other way around these days. :-)

Welp, here are some screenshots from 2002 of me trying to browse Doomworld in Emacs's useless built-in web browser.

Also this: