Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

come on baby, light my fire

my laptop is running hot, very hot. feels like i got a heating pad on my lap. so i want to know. is there any cooling kits for laptops. i was looking at a cooling pad from 3dcool.com and am asking if those are worth buy.

Make your own cooling kit! That's right, here's some easy steps to do it yourself:

1. Go to your local freezer
2. Grab as much ICE as you think is neccesary to cool a computer
3. Walk to your computer
4. Poor ICE onto computer
5. Enjoy your new cooling kit!

Hope this helps

OR you could try this (keep with me now, this may get complicated):
TURN IT OFF
Keep it off until you can go no longer with out playing Doom, Quake, Unreal, or whatever game you waste your time with, or until you can no longer stand being off the internet.

Check it' fan ain't clogged to ferk with shite, son's was last week, and it kept shutting fan off too

Bleh, my brother is obsessed with keeping his computers cool. He buys new cases and new fans all the time just to make sure the temperature is low, it's really sad and obsessive if you ask me.

I remember using a cold compress to cool off my old NES system when it overheated. It was pretty good.

Water cooling is quite good too. Get a bucket, fill with water, put the laptop in it.

Don't forget "Air and impact" Cooling. Just throw the laptop against the wall a few times.

Or you could rewire a small (200,000 BTUs or so) air conditioner into the laptop, you'd never notice it's there.

Oh and be careful with water cooling! Make sure it's off before you put it in the water bucket THEN turn it on, otherwise you might get disconnected from the network. =(

I don't have a laptop but....it has a NiCad battery, right? Those batteries generate lots of heat if you keep charging them after they are "full". I wonder if the battery is on the bottom of the case, where you'd feel it if you put the laptop on your laptop, heh.

Ralphis said:

Your method sucks

Why? Because it makes more sense? :P

fraggle` said:

Hmm, the doors ruled

Absolutely, Morrison was the shit. Second or third behind The Shadows for me. (Classic section)