Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marty2Life

My Personal idtech1 launcher 'LH.IDTech1(Start)' for all (Windows)

Hello @ll, I'm a Guy from Germany.

I have been following the Doom scene for a long time. Collected in the yers many Levels and Resources, Wad CD's, Downlods from IDGames FTP.

Now i have lot of Doom Stuff and i needed Multiple Launcher to sort the stuff. I have not found a possible grafical launcher. So i write my own small launcher.

if you like you can Download Version 0.95 here + info
https://aeronextedit.wordpress.com/lh-idtech1start/

- Support Doom1/ Ultimate, Doom 2, Plutonia, TNT,Heretic, Hexen, Strife, HacX, ChexQuest etc..
– Support HashCheck
– Support 15+ Source Ports (Doomsday, g/zDoom, Chocolate etc)
– Configurable wad, deh, bex, lmp, pk7, pk3, zip lists
– Inbuild Textviewer
– Inbuild Wad File Reader
– Inbuild Explorer with Popup Lite Menu
– Quick *.Wad, *.pk3, *.zip LevelInfo
– Drag’n’Drop Support for Adding Levels, Resource’s
– Drag’n’Drop Support for Adding iWad’s
– Save and Load Configurations (No Limit)
– Can create Desktop Shortcut’s from the Saved Config’s
– Easily quick mix id Tech1 Game’s Resources, Levels
– Manageable tool to Configure idtech1 Games

Version 0.95 (2016-03-16 Updated)
History > https://aeronextedit.wordpress.com/lh-idtech1start/

More Screens > https://aeronextedit.wordpress.com/lh-idtech1start/

and i would thanks to all Authors the have created Levels, Resources and other stuff to idtech1 games and source ports :)

greetings

This is super neat! Really well done. Would you consider open-sourcing it (on Github or somesuch), so that others could contribute/modify code?

Edit: What language is this written in? And an addendum to the initial positives of open-sourcing is that somebody with the tools to do so might be able to compile builds for OSX/Linux etc. The most obvious benefit other than the previously stated one that I can see would be letting people program in configs for other standalones, such as The Adventures of Square, or Freedoom.

Woah. That looks really nice and useful. Thanks for doing such a cool thing. Also you are obviously making some game database thing. Plz tell us (or at least me) hwn we can use that one too. :)

Very smooth, very cool! I like it!

Bugs/wishlist:

- On the home screen it says "Doom Ultimate". I think either "The Ultimate Doom" or "Ultimate Doom" would be better.

- When having configured a game, I looked for some time for a "play" button. Turns out I had to press the game's logo on the left. That could perhaps be a bit more obvious. Or maybe it's just been me being Mr. Magoo or something. Other people might not have this problem :D

- In the sourceport dropdown list it says "Cocolate" which should be "Chocolate".

- I don't know why, but I automatically just pressed the back button on my mouse to get to the home screen. Didn't work of course, because well duh, I'm not on a website. But it could be perhaps be good thing to implement :)

Thumbs up from me so far!

Altazimuth said:

This is super neat! Really well done. Would you consider open-sourcing it (on Github or somesuch), so that others could contribute/modify code?

Edit: What language is this written in? And an addendum to the initial positives of open-sourcing is that somebody with the tools to do so might be able to compile builds for OSX/Linux etc. The most obvious benefit other than the previously stated one that I can see would be letting people program in configs for other standalones, such as The Adventures of Square, or Freedoom.

Hello, is written in Purebasic 5.3x. So this dont need any runtimes or spec. .net Framework libraries. The code Structure is heavenly spltted in modules. All Fonts and Media lies/streamed in/out the Exe. I try to Upload on Github at next days. This shouldnt no problem to convert the Tool to Mac,Linux and or Amiga. Purebasic exists for the Systems.

karacho said:

Woah. That looks really nice and useful. Thanks for doing such a cool thing. Also you are obviously making some game database thing. Plz tell us (or at least me) hwn we can use that one too. :)

What did you mean with database ? If you mean my LH.GameDatabase(). Yes i'm worked on it and is not finished. The Pics on my Webpage are very, very old. These doesnt Show the current state.

Chris Hansen said:

Very smooth, very cool! I like it!

Bugs/wishlist:

- On the home screen it says "Doom Ultimate". I think either "The Ultimate Doom" or "Ultimate Doom" would be better.

Yes your right.
The Homescreen show now 'The Ultimate Doom'

Chris Hansen said:

- When having configured a game, I looked for some time for a "play" button. Turns out I had to press the game's logo on the left. That could perhaps be a bit more obvious. Or maybe it's just been me being Mr. Magoo or something. Other people might not have this problem :D

Hm.. the Play Button has not a tooltip but is light up. Perhaps that is better with a tooltip.

Chris Hansen said:

- In the sourceport dropdown list it says "Cocolate" which should be "Chocolate".

added a 'h' to Cocolate .. hum

Chris Hansen said:

- I don't know why, but I automatically just pressed the back button on my mouse to get to the home screen. Didn't work of course, because well duh, I'm not on a website. But it could be perhaps be good thing to implement :)

Thumbs up from me so far!

Implented the Mouse Back Button aka WM_APPCOMMAND/ Message 32769. (normaly used by Browser for Page back), I hope this works , i tried with my Logitech G602 and this works at me.

New Version on first Post and thanks

I have done an Update on my Launcher

Version 0.92
- Added iWad Support: Freedoom1.wad and Freedoom2.wad/Freedm.wad
For Freedoom1 look at 'The Ultimate Doom'
For Freedoom2/FreeDM look at 'Doom 2: Hell on Earth'

- Reduced LH.IDTech1(Start).exe Filesize
- Level, Resources in 'saved Configurations' holds the current selected Port and IWad
I think this method is better and faster if use Default Highres Packs With lot of PWads

- Added Wad Fileformat ( LH.IDTech1(Start) has now buildin Wad File Reader)

- Added Automatic Level Select (Not yet Support for Wad Files in Packed Archives)
Singleclick on a *.wad level in 'Extern Resource Select' Retrieves info
from the Wad File and autoselect the Level in the 'Warp Combobox'

- Extended Tooltip info on 'Extern Resource Select' if you select a *.wad File

greetings :)

I've got a bug to report. But I'm not sure it's a bug, because if it is, then someone - or yourself - would probably had noticed it already.

So, what's the problem? Well, I can't "insert" or select the doom2.wad iwad into the field "Main Wad Select". No matter what I do, nothing happens. It works fine on the Ult. Doom and Final Doom screens.

If you need some files or anything from me, just say the word and I'll send them to you or post them here.

Here's a screenshot for clarification :-)

Chris Hansen said:

I've got a bug to report. But I'm not sure it's a bug, because if it is, then someone - or yourself - would probably had noticed it already.

So, what's the problem? Well, I can't "insert" or select the doom2.wad iwad into the field "Main Wad Select". No matter what I do, nothing happens. It works fine on the Ult. Doom and Final Doom screens.

If you need some files or anything from me, just say the word and I'll send them to you or post them here.

Here's a screenshot for clarification :-)

hm, this is never happened at me at work with the Launcher! Can you give me the Ini Files. You can find them in the main Directory of the Launcher. Data\Config\

What happened if you select with the Folder Button or drag'n'Drop (to the Main Iwad Select String) for test a other iwad? It should a popup a Message Requester.?

Work around: Put your 'Doom 2 v1.9' Iwad Path with Directory slash at the end in the Ini File Config_Path.ini at 'iWadPath26=F:\Games - Doom Saga\iWad Doom\Doom 2 - v1.9\'.

Edit: Now i have a blank string after i insert a iwad file. Maybe the Name of the doom 2 wad is "doom 2.wad" or "doomii.wad" ?

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I opened the config files to have a look. Didn't change anything.

Clicked around the launcher a bit and added some more sourceports. Went back to the Doom II screen and voila, DOOM2.WAD was in the list and I could play the game. Very strange, but apparently I did something that made it work. Perhaps the config files were write protected or something and when I opened them to view them in notepad, the launcher was then able to write to the files. I don't know, just a thought.

Do you still want the files?

Chris Hansen said:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I opened the config files to have a look. Didn't change anything.

Clicked around the launcher a bit and added some more sourceports. Went back to the Doom II screen and voila, DOOM2.WAD was in the list and I could play the game. Very strange, but apparently I did something that made it work. Perhaps the config files were write protected or something and when I opened them to view them in notepad, the launcher was then able to write to the files. I don't know, just a thought.

Do you still want the files?

if it works no but very strange :) I have added bit more verification for wad files.
Next release has a program log file. I'm glad that it works.

Marty

DoomGater said:

"idtech1 launcher for all" ??
This is windows only!?!?!

Yes, at time Windows only. I correct the Thread Title.

I know this is probably outwith your remit but you know what I would really like in a launcher? Four windows:

1: Pick your engine
2: Pick your IWAD
3: Pick any extra level WAD
4: Pick any weapon, item, music, general gameplay WAD

Along with a couple of radio buttons/tick boxes for: No Sound and No Music options.

Each window having tick boxes so that I can mix and match within a couple of clicks.
Say I want to play ZDoom with Doom, DTWID, Perkristians Smooth Weapons, Nashgore and and a music WAD. I tick all the relevant files and they load as normal.

Next time I want the same set up except with BTSX and no smooth weapons. Just tick the BTSX file and untick Perks WAD. Easy!

Lastly, it would be fantastic to right click on the program and choose to export a shortcut to, say, the desktop with all the relevant files added to it. That way if there was one or two particular 'set ups' that I wanted to load easily I could just run the shortcut... :)

Like I said, I guess its outwith your interests. I just thought I'd share. :)

Average said:

I know this is probably outwith your remit but you know what I would really like in a launcher? Four windows:

1: Pick your engine
2: Pick your IWAD
3: Pick any extra level WAD
4: Pick any weapon, item, music, general gameplay WAD

1. Check
2. Check, fast Drag'n'Drop Action Inc Hashcheck
3+4. Inbuild Explorer (Fast) Look 'Extern Resource Select'

Average said:

Along with a couple of radio buttons/tick boxes for: No Sound and No Music options.

Each window having tick boxes so that I can mix and match within a couple of clicks.
Say I want to play ZDoom with Doom, DTWID, Perkristians Smooth Weapons, Nashgore and and a music WAD. I tick all the relevant files and they load as normal.

Yes, a few checkboxes are coming. But not too much of the objects. That makes the whole program ugly and overweight. I try to the program is clearly arranged.
Furthermore, there is the command line. This Saves separately for each source port individually not globally.

Average said:

Next time I want the same set up except with BTSX and no smooth weapons. Just tick the BTSX file and untick Perks WAD. Easy!

Yes you can mix the Doom Stuff
Select Configuration, Select File from the 'inbuild Explorer'. Doubleclick on an 'Resource Storage' item you can remove this

Average said:

Lastly, it would be fantastic to right click on the program and choose to export a shortcut to, say, the desktop with all the relevant files added to it. That way if there was one or two particular 'set ups' that I wanted to load easily I could just run the shortcut... :)
Like I said, I guess its outwith your interests. I just thought I'd share. :)

Hu, This is Magic! i have added the shortcut function yesterday (Berlin/Germany Time) (Look at the Screen)

A few Screens from Version 0.93

Average said:

Topic 'Options'
I still have enough space on the Gui in the program. What are your opinion after the most important source Port Options (Commandlines options) to be integrated in LH.IDTech(start).
Because there is already a command line and i do not want to integrate every single command now.. I do not play much Online (Deathmatch etc). So i can't not say what is a very important commandline Option for you. Here I need a little vote from you.

For Checkboxes: (My first thought)
-fast, -nomonsters, -nomusic, -nosfx, -respawn

other ?

So, look here is a preview of Version 0.94. I upload today or tommorrow the Version 0.94 :). There are minimal things i to do

; Version 0.94
- Small addition's and fixes (2015-08-27)
- Source Code Optimize (Added More Macros) (2015-08-28)
- Bug Fix 'Extern Resource Select'. Open\New Directory on File caused Error (2015-08-28)
- Fixed: Hexen -Death Kings Of Citadel Section show only Expansion Maps (2015-08-28)
- Fixed: Doom 64 Section (Working Path) (2015-08-29)
- Added: Jump through the Games Section rembered the last Path 'Resource Directory's' (2015-08-29)
- MouseMenu Changes: 'Saved Configurations'. Config's can bes saved to other idTech1 games (2015-08-29)
Szenario - You have a HD Resolution Pak Configured with Doom1, you can save now
the same Configuration for Doom2 etc... too
- Added Source Port Home -and Build Page Buttons (2015-08-29)
- Added Additional Info to the Home Page Tooltip (2015-08-29)
- Added Iwad's: Doom Ultimate and Doom 2 BFG Editions
- Added ini 'Enable_GameSelect = false/true' for Doomsday Engine Game Mode Identifier. . (2015-08-29)
if the value set to false, LH.IDTech1(Start) runs DDE with '-game xxxxxx'
I have noticed that if you run Doom Ultimate, Hexen: death Kings of Citadel, Heretic: SotSR
Doomsday Engine bring up the Game Mode Selector and if you added levels or HD Textures etc..
These added files are no longer available after the Game Mode Select. This can be avoided if
add the command '-game xxxxx'.
- Added ini 'Enable_SearchPath = false/true' for Doomsday Engine (2015-08-31)
Joint the Doomsday command line Options '-nodoomwaddir , -nodoomwadpath , -nosteamapps'
- Added Checkboxes to all Sections: NoSound, NoMusic, NoMonsters, Respawn, Fast (2015-08-31)
- Redirect Logfiles to a Subdirectory '\Logfiles\' (2015-08-31)
- Source Port StringPath Box and Working Folder Stringpath Box Support now Drag 'n' Drop (2015-08-31)
- Extended the Tooltip Infos on 'Resource Storage', 'Source Port -' and 'Working Folder' (2015-08-31)

A Update for 0.94:
- Typo Fix on 'Extern Resource Select' / PopUp Menu > Paste Files or Folders (2015-08-31)
- Desktop Shortcut function Extended: You have 3 Options (2015-09-01)
1. Use LH.IDTech1(Start) Collection, if you don't like the icons you can replace by own
2. Use From Selected Source Port. LH.IDTech(Start) take the Icon from SourcePort and Set this.
3. Mixed Mode: LHIDtech1(Start) search in the Folder where is the wad an Icon. If not found
it takes from Source Port. If the Icon Index is zero, it takes it from the Collection

You can use the now old Windows Icons (If you like) there Comes with many Wad Files

Version 0.95, New Version is up
– Fixed Crash ‘Create Desktop: Icon Mixed Mode’ Memory List-size to small (2015-09-03)
– Mini Explorer: More Handle and Detailed Info @Delete Files. (2015-09-10)
– Removed unused Window Size Code. (2015-09-10)
– Eternity Engine: Support for *.edf Files (2015-09-10)
– HacX 1.0/1.1: Use Automatic if found in the same Directory how Hacx.wad the Dehacked
Files Hacx.deh/ Hacx_F.deh (2015-09-10)
– added to Save Commandline Arguments to the User Configs (2015-09-15)
– Added iwad File Path Support for Steam: Doom Collector’s Editon and GOG: Doom Bundle
Collection (Section Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom). Auto select works only if iwad
Path is Empty (2015-09-16) * Couldn't Test Doom Collector’s Edition, I don’t have this
– Added Batch-file Creation , Look at ‘Save Configuration: Popup Menu’. Config will be
Default saved To Desktop (2015-09-16)

https://aeronextedit.wordpress.com/lh-idtech1start/