Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NuMetalManiak

doomwiki.org - not responding to connection attempts?

been trying to access doomwiki.org for the past day and couldn't get in, says it's online but not responding to connection attempts. What does that mean? Please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this issue right now.

-Flushed browser cache
-Flushed DNS cache
-Cleared out all Chrome history
-Completely reinstalling Chrome
-Tried on Firefox and IE

...still not able to reach doomwiki.

Power-cycling your router is another option, though the problem might be upstream at your ISP's DNS server. That could be checked by temporarily switching to OpenDNS.

Just now I can access it again. Strange. didn't do that traceroute thingy or whatever, I just somehow was able to connect now after awhile.

The same thing happened to me roughly a week or two ago. I wasn't able to access doomwiki for a couple days. Then I stopped trying to access the site, waited several more days, and then I tried again and it suddenly worked. I don't think I've done anything notable that would solve the problem in the meantime, except maybe one thing: I might have restarted my computer (as opposed to sleep / hibernation mode).

We did recently have a problem with reverse DNS but I don't think it should have caused connectivity problems. The site's been up the entire time as far as I know. I should know as I use it daily :P

Hopefully there aren't any geographic filtering shenanigans going on.