Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > You've played too much doom when...
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Boingo

Hmmm. We've had a "101 ways to tell if you're addicted to Doom!" thread on the New DooM forums for some time now. We kind of passed the 101 mark a long time ago.

We are currently up to about 800 reasons right now. Most are rather funny. You should check this thread out.

Old Post 07-09-01 17:33 #
Boingo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Disorder
Boards of Canada

Can you give me the URL? I don't visit Newdoom that much & I feel a little lazy.

Old Post 07-09-01 18:23 #
Disorder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

here.

Old Post 07-09-01 20:02 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lord FlatHead
man overboard

Actually this kind of stuff was done years ago by Hank Leukart, author of the official Doom FAQ :

http://www.totse.com/en/ego/no_laug...r/dinsan55.html

Old Post 07-09-01 22:19 #
Lord FlatHead is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

When someone who doesn't know your last name lists you as Mike Doom on their cell phone.
When someone perpetuates a rumor that you installed Doom on a school computer.

Old Post 07-09-01 23:26 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

When someone perpetuates a rumor that you installed Doom on a school computer.

But I did! Four of them, in fact. Me, two mates and the Network admin played co-op a lot! I think we completed Doom2 4 times. Screw Schoolwork..... :)

Old Post 07-09-01 23:31 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomsick
no need for a title.

everyone knows you can't play too much doom...

Old Post 07-10-01 00:18 #
doomsick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Yoy: "ot taeb em, uoy tsum llik em, nhoj oremor"

Actually, the message would be:

oremor nhoj, em llik tsum uoy, em taeb ot.

I've already said what it was.

You know that you've played Doom too much...

...when you're in a long corridor with a low light level, you begin to hum the music to Halls of the Damned. (I actually do this sometimes)

Old Post 07-10-01 00:23 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

Back in 9th grade I was banned from the library for the rest of the year for putting Stick Fighter 2 on a comp. They removed Microsoft works from the programs available to students since I got to the dos prompt through it.

Then they tried to expel me at the end of the year and left a map of the school out of the handbook/schedule book the next year because I made it look like a Doom level and they thought I would go postal. Years before there was a fatal shooting at the school (nothing to do with Doom). This all was years before Columbine.

Old Post 07-10-01 01:52 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

...installed Doom on a school computer.

But I did!...

Heh, me too. Difference being I was the teacher :-)

We had lunchtime and after school DM sessions and co-op runs using the school network.

Of course, sometimes I used to force them to play on a very early version of Enjay Doom - Yuk!

Old Post 07-10-01 02:20 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
casper
Full of crap

you are able to play the first level without
watching on your screen.

Old Post 07-10-01 06:07 #
casper is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

watching on your screen.

yep...that is the perfect doomer....that person would get my respect....

Old Post 07-10-01 13:47 #
maga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
læmænt
BAND

watching on your screen.

yep...that is the perfect doomer....that person would get my respect....

No, why? That seems very easy. I can do that. Anyone here can do that.

Now second level (in any Doom)... That would be hard :)

Old Post 07-10-01 20:24 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
læmænt
BAND

*checks to see* Damn, it's actually harder than I though...
I managed to get to the round exit room in doom2, but didn't find the switch :) And in doom1 I always got stuck in some corner.
Damn. Can someone do that?

Old Post 07-10-01 20:34 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

*checks to see* Damn, it's actually harder than I though...
I managed to get to the round exit room in doom2, but didn't find the switch :) And in doom1 I always got stuck in some corner.
Damn. Can someone do that?

I'll try as soon as I can drag my lazy self from this computer to my computer.

Old Post 07-10-01 20:49 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote