Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ralphis`

Windows + Compaq = Hell

I'm not sure that Compaq's need them, but they do exist, and they definately suck in non-Compaq PC's. They are really bad.

check this setup:
dell laptop 8000 series:
256 mb ram
1 ghz cpu pent III
15 intch screen
10 gig hd space (somewhere i had to sacrifice this)
geforce 2 go 32 mb chip
an IEEEE port for video capture
and a network card that i didn't order but came anyway.

it has windows me, which sucks ass, but it just got loaded with some sweet ass software, so i'm in no rush to change my os.
you should run half-life on this thing, its so sweet, zdoomgl looks kinda funky though....the 256 palette is kinda screwey

I found out why the compaq RAM is so special. It doesn't run at 100 or 133 Mhz. It actually runs at a 125Mhz clock speed. Pretty freaky. That's why its hard to get it to work with other normal RAM.

I think Compaq RAM also has an extra 384K of RAM on each of their chips. At least, it did a few years ago. I think it had something to do with DOS memory requirements, so they probably cut it out by now.

Jesus Christ.. I was going to get a new comp, and I saw a Compaq that actually appeared nice........
damn good thing I came here first! Thanx everyone!

Geforce2(3?)

I've heard that the GeForce 3 only has 2 or 3 more options than a GeForce 2 Ultra. So, better take the GF2 Ultra, 'cuz it's cheaper and is an exellent card. Tho I donno between for example Creative and Guillemot which model is better.

Personally, I would go for Creative.

But if you can afford a GF3, then buy it.

Oh yeah, and between AMD and Intel, it's definitly an AMD Thunderbird that you should get, with 4 or 5 fans =)

[quote]I've heard that the GeForce 3 only has 2 or 3 more options than a GeForce 2 Ultra. So, better take the GF2 Ultra, 'cuz it's cheaper and is an exellent card[quote]

Zaldron ! Where are you ? Tell the people how things works.....

heh. I just got a ATI Rage 3d card and then i remembered i don't even have AGP slots on my board...

[quote][quote]I've heard that the GeForce 3 only has 2 or 3 more options than a GeForce 2 Ultra. So, better take the GF2 Ultra, 'cuz it's cheaper and is an exellent card

Zaldron ! Where are you ? Tell the people how things works.....

A freind told me that...but I don't believe him. I would go for GeForce 3 too honestly, even if the lower price of the GF2 ultra interests me more.