Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

A good idea for a Co-op server

Oblivion, did you "follow instructions" and use -heapsize 16 in your zdaemon extra parameters?

i run -heapsize 32 (512mb ram, plenty to go around), but also tried with -heapsize 16

edit: btw i can play vrack2b fine single player (well im no good at it, but it runs)

OK, but, in single player you are probably using zdoom.exe, and it's your zdaemon which is acting up. That heapsize....did you put that into zlauncher.exe, settings, extra zdaemon parameters? You have to put it there each time you start the launcher, it is not "remembered".

If you are using a modem, there are things you can do to optimize your internet connection. Also, things within zdaemon. If your internet connection to a zdaemon server loses data (drops packets I think it's called) a crash is more likely. Also, if a server has limited bandwidth and some clients join with their "rate" setting higher than necessary, your connection may suffer. I've set my servers to not allow any client a rate faster than 5000. Players on modems should be using a rate less than 5000, 2500 will usually do and not overtax your connection.