Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Biffy

Friendly fire settings?

What do you coop players and team dm players want for friendly fire settings? Originally I had my coop server set with friendly fire on, meaning you could hurt other players, but several people were joining just to shoot and taunt the other players, so I turned FF off. It might be more realistic with it on, and I've reached the point where it appears that banning some players is the better approach.

How about the team dm? I saw some of you complaining about your teammates fragging you in dcdwango, hard to prevent if you want to toast some marines with BFG. Maybe FF off in team dm would be better?

who cares being realistic or not? as long as it's fun and it would still be all right. Friendly fire is even off in CTF in Unreal Tournament, and it's still amazing to play with

i play private coop games with ff on. if you aim wrong, you waste your buddy, he curses at you, and its all good again. but considering the number of lamers on the net, i would go with ff off.

I can't stand playing Counter-Strike with FF off, because people piss me off all the time (e.g. by blocking my way, so I can't duck out of the way to reload, and I end up getting shot). But Doom is different - I think FF should be off in coop games, but on in teamplay DMs for the same reasons as in Counter-Strike + it'd stop people BFG-laming all the time (not that I'm against the BFG - just don't like it being used too much when there are a lot of players present).

heh, I played team dm last night. during the first couple of levels I didn't realize my color had changed until I killed a couple of guys. good for a few laughs. so I guess turning the ff off for team dms is better for newbies. I think theres too many lamers to keep ff on in coop. like that guy who was stalking me shooting rockets and plasma. I'd hate to think about how many times I would have died.

I'll try the team dm with ff off tonight to see how it goes. Hope you don't mind dcdwango again. Guess I can put up one more as well...purepak1 sounds good. :)

Roughly what time will it be up at? And what timezone are you in (GMT+1 here)?