Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ichor

Using new sprites in JHexen without DeuSF

Is there any way I can use a wadfile with new sprites for JHexen .996 without having to use DeuSF to merge it into the iwad first? If not, then is there a way for people who use Windows NT, 2000, and XP to use the DOS mode?

Can't you run DeuSF under Win XP? I can...DOS stuff is supported...but multimedia (programs (games usually) involving a lot of graphical and audio elements suffer badly) run bad...programs which are just calculations (such as DeuSF) usually work fine.

About all regular DOS programs work under 2000 and XP. What doesn't work appears to be special sound and memory functions. DeuSF should work just fine.

Strange... I've been working on something for Hexen, and I gave an old version of it to a couple of people to test it. One of them had Windows XP and although he could play normal JHexen on it, he couldn't play mine. DeuSF would not work on his computer. It was only after he was able to use DeuSF on another computer, one with Windows 98, and merge it with the iwad and load the new iwad onto the XP computer, did he manage to get it to work right.