Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

New Items

OK OK ive heard alota shit about my TC already...this is going to be for EDGE and its gonna take about 4-7 months

Health Potions now give you 5% health back

Stim-Packs give you 15% health back

Mega-Spheres give you 500% health and %500 armor max health and armor is 999...

Mega-Spheres give you 500% health and %500 armor max health and armor is 999...

Why make the health/armor-levels so high?

Like Disorder said, why are the armor/health levels so high?
Is this going to be a REALLY hard TC? In ordinary Doom/Doom2, you could probably mke halfway through the game with 500% health and armor.
Blue Potions give back 5% health. Not a bad idea.
Stimpacks give back 15% health. Not a bad idea, either.

Actually, it's not that bad of an idea... all depends on the mod.

For instance, in just a few seconds of playing my mod (any level really), you can lose 50+ health.

You see, my zombie troopers have mp5k's and they shoot in 3-shot bursts that do 2d6 damage each (an average of 18 damage for a full absorbtion).
*Shotgun guys now shoot lots of pellets at you instead of jsut a few, so it's much harder to avoid them than before (not to mention shotgun guys are highly aggressive, they seem to shoot you muiltiple times if you are close).
*My imps throw random aomunts of fireballs, 1 fireball up to 10 fireballs (at least thats how many iv'e seen beign shot out, could go into infinity theoreticially) - and each one does an average of 15 damage to you (hint: they are inaccurate too, and come in bursts, so being assaulted by an imp could kill you if you jsut sit there and gawk).

My stimpacks also give 15 health, my armor and health bonuses both give 5 points each, and my medikits give 35 health. Berserk gives berserk punch (80 damage maximum), and 200 health. The "megasphere" is actualyl now a suit of armor that gives you 500 points of armor (red type, absorbs 90% of damage). This "megaarmor" can get depleated very quickly when you are attacked by the fallen angel, who has 4 different attack styles in it's lethal cadre - One of which will kill you instantly regardless of how much health (or armor) you have (it's like a bfg blast).

This combined witht he fact that my shambler's ball-lighting cannot be dodged unless you duck behind something, and that the UAC commandos have 3 different attackstyles of their own jsut as deadly as yours are.

I think about the hardest level to play in my mod (beginning from the start) is e4m9 "fear". It represents the chaos of modern warfare, you must move quickly and you cant even think about attacking anything other than barrels or the errant shotgun guy until most of the mosnters kill each other (the biggest threat is the cacos and the imps, and the demons assist by gettign in your way). All this time you will be hurt continiously, so you have to pick up health at every turn that you can.

so, now do you get the picture, it all depends on the mod (my mod has high benefit numbers because it would challenge even the best Deathmatch players from the quake series OR doom).

Im guessing that mr. dude's mod is hard because all the guys have chainguns or they're tough. I recognize the tough-ass zombie with the pistol, i came up with that idea on the doom3 forums (and since i came up with it, im gonna implement it too, would be about as dangeous as a chaingun guy and hell knight combined)