Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Baron_o_Hell said:

was it any good ?

It was good until I got the PC version and was like "wtf, the SNES version sucks!"

I tried the snes version af a couple of years of having pc doom. I hated the snes version. I found it to be laggy and not suited for a console cuz using a joypad for Dooming ain't exactly my idea of a proper doom experience

I own this version, and I personally enjoy it. Bear in mind, before someone hits me, I had only this version to make do for the longest time(this was in jr. high), cause I wasn't allowed to play Doom on the PC (even thought I bought it with my own money). So it was either SNES Doom, or NO Doom (Unthinkable). So I bought the SNES Doom and got used to it. and eventualy, really liked it. Later though, I did get Doom 64, then Final Doom PSX, then Doom PSX, then I got my own damned comp to use my own damned PC games as I damn well please. So.. without SNES Doom, I would have had no Doom for a long time. It got me through a long peroid, so it has a special place in my heart. ;) But back to the point, get SNES doom only if you are curious, or just want it. It's really not that bad. But get any other port you may want first.

bigbadgangsta said:

It was good until I got the PC version and was like "wtf, the SNES version sucks!"

Yes. Same here. I played that game until the wee hours of the monring. Got PC Doom. And yeah.

Yeesh, I played it once... the thing was horrid. Non-textured flats, only being able to select certain episodes if your difficulty level was set so high... ugh.

It was good in consideration of what little could be done with 3D using the SNES, but compared to pretty much every other Doom port out there, it sucked.

Yeah that's pretty much the same story for me. No Spectres or cheats...

Well... I personally wasn't bothered by the loss of the spectre. There is A cheat.. but it's more of a glitch than anything else

never played snes doom, or the other console dooms, all i had (and still have) are my 2-3 computers, which is good enough for me

Im with Lost Soul before i had recieved snes doom as a present all i had was the shareware. I played the crap out of that game then bought the ultimate doom wich had two or three more level and an extra episode but i still love to just sit and play through the snes doom. I guess its more nostolgia but i love the game.

I played the Shareware version of Doom, then I saw it on SNES and thought "cool!". I was pretty fuckin' bored by the middle of episode two though, let me tell ya...As opposed to the PC version which i thoroughly enjoyed.

Skatepunk60 said:

Im with Lost Soul before i had recieved snes doom as a present all i had was the shareware. I played the crap out of that game then bought the ultimate doom wich had two or three more level and an extra episode but i still love to just sit and play through the snes doom. I guess its more nostolgia but i love the game.

Yay! Usually when I say I like this version, I get hit with books ;)

LOL !

I had the 32X version and I still think that one rules. The music sounded cool and some of the maps were cooler than the PC ones. I.E Map 15

Yeah the 32x version the the first one i played after the pc version...in fact, i think it was the first port of the game to a different platform...does it predate the crummy 3DO version? anyway, the only thing i hated about the 32x version was the monsters ALWAYS faced you and they were fullbright all the time. LAME! ;)

I thought it was shit, then again I was used to psx doom, and pc doom. Never played doom64, and I hardly saw anything of it.

The SNES Doom is better than the 32x. The music still sucks, and enemies still always look at you, but all the levels are still the same (Some levels are missing tho) and all the enemies (except Specter) and weapons are at their rightful places, and the game actually HAD an ending (I think). Not bad for the SNES, but still kinda crap.

I had doom on pc first. then I moved to isla vista, califonia for a year and only had snes to paly. I got doom and was so heartbroken. non-textured floors and ceilings, lag, low detail, and the fact that I was so used to using a keyboard, led to massive dislike for the port. I've never tried any of the other console ports, but would like to try doom 64.

I dont ever remember my snes doom ever lagging.I dunno for sure though cause i havent played it in ages but i just cant remember it ever lagging.

Death666 said:

I dont ever remember my snes doom ever lagging.I dunno for sure though cause i havent played it in ages but i just cant remember it ever lagging.

It doesn't lag, the animation is just a mite jumpy half the time.