Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > I think I may have to break my loyalty to id...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lüt
Administrator

...but this just looks too interesting to pass by.

Old Post 07-16-01 07:35 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

hah

Old Post 07-16-01 07:55 #
maga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ralphis`
Loser

rofl. This is so tempting.

Old Post 07-16-01 08:01 #
Ralphis` is offline Profile || Blog || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

"They are too humble.
They don't want to take credit for offering the valuable resources
that made all of this possible.
My hat goes off to them."

This guy is good at nipple-twisting.

Old Post 07-16-01 09:18 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Renegade_Style
Mini-Member

What the Hell is that...
I mean how ill can they be...
This won`t be long in the net you`ll see !

Old Post 07-16-01 09:42 #
Renegade_Style is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xenoman

Uhm, do I see Gordon Freeman holding a assault shotgun in those screenshots? Argh...

Old Post 07-16-01 10:32 #
Xenoman is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grul
Mini-Member

Oh, man... This is very tolerant and understanding towards the victims of the massacre. I hardly think that any mod idea can be more cruel and tasteless than this. Well, perhaps a reversed wolfenstein where you are a nazi killing hordes of hapless jews, or something...

Old Post 07-16-01 11:09 #
Grul is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ralphis`
Loser

bah its a game. It isn't any different than a WWII game where thousands of people were killed. But then again, i guess things from the past are ok to make games out of.

Old Post 07-16-01 11:22 #
Ralphis` is offline Profile || Blog || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

It is a thing of the past.

I'm just surprised it took them so long to make the thing, I was expecting this to be out 2 years ago.

Old Post 07-16-01 11:24 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Looks pretty cool, but whose idea WAS this?

Old Post 07-16-01 12:52 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deadnail
i define my reality through misery

"Soon to be on a store shelf near you with a bigass Valve logo, unoriginal box design, and a price tag of $40 for two hours of boring and predictable gameplay. Valve, we care about you."

If Valve thought for two fucking seconds they would make half a penny on this game they WOULD.

Old Post 07-16-01 12:54 #
deadnail is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phoenix

bah its a game. It isn't any different than a WWII game where thousands of people were killed. But then again, i guess things from the past are ok to make games out of.

How can one compare going on a killing spree at school with WWWII or Wolfenstein.
Soldiers are usually armed, Nazis where usually armed kids at school usually are not.
I think this concept stinks and should be removed. We got enough problems with goverments claiming violence in games are a contributing factor for school violence and this piece of shit plays right in it.

Old Post 07-16-01 14:25 #
Phoenix is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Renegade_Style
Mini-Member

This is typical for american Teenagers...
I can`t believe it,but it is true !

Old Post 07-16-01 15:32 #
Renegade_Style is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ralphis`
Loser

How can one compare going on a killing spree at school with WWWII or Wolfenstein.

First off, I didn't mention jackshiite about wolfenstein.

Second off maybe you didn't understand me cleary. Alot of war games are produced based around real life wars. People find the columbine game offensive, well people who lost relatives in the war may find the war games offensive, yet the war games arent targeted as bad. For such a small incident, it's incredible how so many people can criticize it and not war type games.

Old Post 07-16-01 15:48 #
bitstate

grul: such a mod for wolfenstein actually exists... saw it on swedish television once...

Old Post 07-16-01 16:38 #
bitstate is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Ralphis: the difference is: the nazis shoot back at you. The students don't.

Old Post 07-16-01 16:50 #
Shaviro is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DeePTeam

Ralphis: the difference is: the nazis shoot back at you. The students don't.

Right. Sort of like the car driving games where you run over people to get points.

Brings out some primitive DNA in all of us? Not my taste in games. I prefer at least a little rationale, even in pretend worlds.

Old Post 07-16-01 16:54 #
DeePTeam is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ralphis`
Loser

Well, I really don't mind if they don't shoot back. BUT only because of the fact that IT IS A GAME. Hell, i shoot everything that moves and enjoy it in a game, but in real life I don't don't even hurt insects god forbid a person.

Old Post 07-16-01 17:07 #
elbryan42
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cacodemon

anyone else think this is sick and totally wrong? i think that whoever came up with this, and is designing it, should be put in jail and/or executed. if i knew who to mention this to, who would do something about it, i would.

Old Post 07-16-01 17:15 #
elbryan42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phoenix

First off, I didn't mention jackshiite about wolfenstein.

Second off maybe you didn't understand me cleary. Alot of war games are produced based around real life wars. People find the columbine game offensive, well people who lost relatives in the war may find the war games offensive, yet the war games arent targeted as bad. For such a small incident, it's incredible how so many people can criticize it and not war type games.

OK, so you did not mention Wolfenstein. Back to WWII. This was war. In wars a lot of things happen; and a lot of people get hurt. But most get drafted into it. To make a game, where you play a phsyco, plays right into the anti violence in games etc bla bla movement. "May we present exhibit A your honor. A game, your Honor, we can now prove that this industry is responsible for the violence in our Schools." Can you envision this court scene? I can.

This game concept is crap, and made to get attention. And I hope Valve stays away from this mod. Otherwise I will be loyal to id Software like they are the saints.

Old Post 07-16-01 17:22 #
Phoenix is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Right. Sort of like the car driving games where you run over people to get points.

Hey! Carmageddon rocks. It's not trying to be serious and I find it fun.

Elbryan - I'm with you. I do think that it's wrong. Something like The Columbne thing shouldn't be capitalised upon. I actually know someone whos neice went to Columbine high school the year it happened, and the only reason she wasn't there was because she was ill. She would be fucking outraged at an idea like that one.

Old Post 07-16-01 18:15 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Liberation

Hmm see what the boys at planet Half-life have to say
about this, its pretty sick as anyone who remembers the
Dunblane shooting in england (well scotland)knows!

Defently drop Planet H-L a line

Old Post 07-16-01 18:37 #
Liberation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Linguica

I'm pretty tolerant of what I allow on these forums, but I can't allow this. There is nothing funny about school massacres, and it is especially tasteless to quip about that sort of thing on a Doom forum, after many of us have personally had to fight off the stigma attached to playing Doom, or have been unjustly suspected or punished just because we happen to play it. This topic is closed, and if anyone tries to bring it up again they are banned.

Old Post 07-16-01 19:00 #
Linguica is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote