Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > friend looking for doom champion demos

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ixfd64

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has the link(s) to demos showing people beating Ultimate Doom and Doom II with 100% kills and secrets on Nightmare skill level with no deaths.

If anyone knows the links, please post them. Thanks.

KrazyKain (YouTube) said:
... when some idiot says "my computer is hardcore it runs Crysis AT MAX SETTINGS...."
ask him.. oh? does it run Nuts wad at max settings?

Old Post 06-29-03 22:35 #
ixfd64 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

compet-n

Except "100% kills" is kind of meaningless on NM. Perhaps the ones of most relevance to your question are NM100S (Nightmare with 100% secrets) and UV -fast (UV with fast monsters, and 100% kills and secrets).

Old Post 06-29-03 22:49 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ixfd64

I may be wrong, but I think that you only need to kill each monster once to get the credit...

KrazyKain (YouTube) said:
... when some idiot says "my computer is hardcore it runs Crysis AT MAX SETTINGS...."
ask him.. oh? does it run Nuts wad at max settings?

Old Post 06-29-03 23:40 #
ixfd64 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

That's not a standard demo category at all, and on most maps it would be very messy from a verification viewpoint. I've watched many thousands of demos, and can remember only one or two one of that type (i.e. NM + killing every monster at least once; Peo Sjöblom did a few on Cygnus IV).

Old Post 06-30-03 00:30 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ryback

I believe (memory may be faulty here) that under the old DHT rules (DHT3), to get a Doom Grand Master you not only had to complete a level on Nightmare skill, but also kill every monster at least once and get 100% secrets. No wonder nobody ever got the title.

Anyway, here and here. The 100% kills issue is mostly meaningless since in the vast majority of levels you can just reach the exit and kill monsters as they respawn. And 'killing every monster at least once' is impossible to judge - how would you go about doing, say, map15?

Old Post 07-01-03 11:56 #
Ryback is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote