Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > For anyone who cares...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
insertwackynamehere
The Chewbacca defense gone nightmare

I just thought I'd post a link to a demo (by Grazza) done for UAC Teleportation Labs (by me).

Text File:
http://www.geocities.com/insertwack...ADS/uacdemo.txt

Level:
ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/id...s-u/telelab.zip

Demo:
ftp://competn.doom2.net:8002/pub/sda/t-z/tele-753.zip

Last edited by Grazza on 10-16-03 at 23:37

Old Post 10-16-03 22:26 #
insertwackynamehere is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
insertwackynamehere

Here's an attachment. Can't edit and attach :-P

WHere is it?

Attachment: tele-753.zip
This has been downloaded 4 time(s).

Last edited by Grazza on 10-17-03 at 01:48

Old Post 10-16-03 22:27 #
insertwackynamehere is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

insertwackynamehere said:

WHere is it?

Please read (2nd paragraph in particular). Or here.

BTW, I don't see much point in both giving a link to a file and attaching that same file, but never mind...

Old Post 10-16-03 23:31 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

insertwackynamehere said:

WHere is it?

I've tried this ftp link for the tele-753.zip and received a 0 byte file called 'attachment'. I also tried the same link in the above post and eventually timed out.

The link for the wad worked.

As regards editing and attaching: I don't know about the editing half but I did type up a post and inserted an attachment yesterday. I then used the 'preview' option and noticed my attachment disappeared. After that I saved adding the attachment at the point I was ready to submit the post.

Old Post 10-17-03 01:40 #
Rich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Yes, it seems that if you preview a post, the forum software forgets about the attachment. I fell foul of that myself a while ago.

I'm pretty sure the attachment needs to be a file on your own machine. I thought the attachment IWNH had given looked wrong, but I forgot to check it. Anyway, I have replaced it with a copy of the same file from my own machine.

The ftp link in IWNH's first post works OK for me (my edit in that post was to replace a 3dgamers link with a 3darchives link).

If you edit a post that contains an attachment, you should be offered a choice of options (keep, remove or replace) - unless they are moderator-only options, that is... In any case, I think you can edit a post without the attachment dropping off automatically.

Rich: this demo was in a DSDA update a few months ago, so you might already have it.

Old Post 10-17-03 01:57 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

I updated the demo page... (inculding this demo, just not updated in the html yet)
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/dwdemo.htm

also, if you have a file that is larger than 64 Kb, you can also mail it to me (and probably Grazza) for verification.
thanks, Opulent

Old Post 10-17-03 02:04 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

Grazza/Opulent!

Thanks, I got the zip this time.

Old Post 10-17-03 02:27 #
Rich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

Interesting lmp and tricky!

I couldn't understand your carefulness in the beginning so I tried it and my noise activated the monster generator... now I understand. :)

Old Post 10-17-03 05:30 #
Grazza
=/-

Yes, it's not often you need to adopt pacifist tactics in a Max run.

I had tried another method, relying on the spawned monsters getting stuck on top of one another (it's not map30, so they don't telefrag), but it just didn't seem to work.

Old Post 10-17-03 05:58 #
insertwackynamehere

Grazza said:
BTW, I don't see much point in both giving a link to a file and attaching that same file, but never mind...

Heh, just testing it out ;-)

Old Post 10-17-03 20:14 #