Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grazza

/newstuff misc. demos

Demo reviews are certainly a nice idea.

Maybe once a month, and based on whatever has appeared that month in /incoming at compet-n, at DSDA and in /sda/dwdemo, and anywhere else that demos are publically uploaded?

Grazza said:

Demo reviews are certainly a nice idea.

Maybe once a month, and based on whatever has appeared that month in /incoming at compet-n, at DSDA and in /sda/dwdemo, and anywhere else that demos are publically uploaded?

some TAS demos could also be reviewed too.
Does the idgames archive get some demos too ?
I never look there actually, so I dont really know :)

Too bad that Public Dang is dead, some nice demos were done there, like some nightmare movies, which are always nice achievements.

nb: I just noticed ryback's n4m6 in dang incoming... thats a huge achievement... so few players did it. Actually : Rini, anders, adamH, stx-vile, peroxyd and now ryback... that's not much.

Yes, I think TAS demos should be included.

There is still an /incoming folder for demos in the idgames archive, but it doesn't seem to be active any more. I don't know what would happen if some files were uploaded to it. The README.INCOMING document refers to it:

3. Upload LMP files to /pub/idgames/lmps/incoming please, not here.

I don't know if that is just a relic though.

I've considered uploading the DSF packs to the idgames archive. As you say the /lmps folder is dead, but on the other hand there might be people browsing idgames who only see these old demos and aren't aware of all the new stuff.

VinceDSS said:

nb: I just noticed ryback's n4m6 in dang incoming...

Heh... did you see the e4nm too?

Download Doom3 demo here!

UV Speed of map08 on a pwad called Doom3. I hoped to get this under a minute, but the barons are really tightly packed together, and I just couldn't get past them very quickly. Recorded with Prboom 2.02, and plays back OK with everything you'd expect it to play back with.

And a Respawn in 3:08.

PrBoom 2.02? That's Boom, really, but on Windows. Same demo format. The wad itself seems pretty v1.9 standard, though...

This is the real Doom3, by the way, since it actually follows DOOM II and everything, unlike id's release-to-be.

Yes, Prboom 2.02 is a pretty much direct port to Windows of Boom 2.02. These demos should play back with Boom 2.02, though I can't test that without transferring all the files to my notebook (Win98).

I had no actual need to play/record with Boom compatibility. I just quite like Prboom 2.02, and have been using it a fair bit recently (thanks to Vile Flesh). Also, this map was a bit too dark with glboom, which I'd normally use. The Doom3 pwad works fine with Doom2.exe (as you'd expect, since it is from 1995).

BTW, the -respawn desyncs with Eternity - for some reason the two pillars with the two chaingunners fail to descend when they should. I've noticed Eternity quite often has problems with Boom demos.

I see... the demos do play back on Boom. The author actually recommends -respawn on the text file, and there's even a (valid) -respawn map03 demo in the wad.

UV Max in 7:14 on Stigmata.wad.

Nothing special, but it was a bit tricky to get through this map without dying and without too much slowing down. The demo plays back with Prboom and Eternity. Doom2.exe VPOs though. :(