Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Can someone record Doom 2 lv07-006 in TASMBF?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mlin
Green Marine

I have discovered that by converting TASMBF LMP files to text and editing it, I can modify game demos. You have to manually change all the times though, which can be a tedious process.

However, I am willing to do it.

Can someone please record Doom 2 Level 7, 6 sec in TASMBF so that I can insert it into Mr. Sedlic's 16:17 demo?

Old Post 11-02-03 18:22 #
mlin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

* myk slaps mlin around a bit with a large trout

What's wrong with the real demo?

Oh, there's a demos forum now... you know.

And... why are you doing this?

Old Post 11-02-03 18:32 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Heh, I'm tempted to newproject this.

mlin said:
Doom 2 Level 7, 6 sec ... insert it into Mr. Sedlic's 16:17 demo?
Bad idea. It would desync since the player would start map08 with the wrong stats.

Old Post 11-02-03 19:59 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mlin
Green Marine

Not if you finish Level 7 with more ammo/health than what Sedlic has at the start of Level 8. Get the rocket launcher and the megasphere, and you should be fine.

Oh, and the real demo isn't fast enough. I'd like to compile a Doom 10th anniversary version.

Old Post 11-02-03 20:16 #
mlin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jonathan
I am not a leet hax0r :(

No, that isn't how it works. Doom has a Random Number Generator status value that changes all the time. Even if the demo exited with the same or higher stats than Sedlo, the value of the Random Number Generator would be different than in the original demo, which would cause the monsters in the subsequent levels to behave differently and thus the demo would go out of sync.

Old Post 11-03-03 13:05 #
Jonathan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

HEY JONATHAN RIMMER FINISH E1-BUILT

Old Post 11-03-03 13:44 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote