Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Here's to hoping ...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Never_Again
knows his birth month

... that this little www-board won't trun out to be the replacement for regular DSDA updates.

Old Post 11-03-03 15:56 #
Never_Again is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Why on earth should it? More likely that it will feed the DSDA.

Old Post 11-03-03 16:02 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vile
The man made of sticks

Doug has already said an update is on the way, dunno when, but it will be there.

I'd think it will be a nice summary of what has happened on this forum, as well as providing demos sent exclusively to Doug.

Old Post 11-03-03 16:29 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DEMOn

Never's just trying to give me a swift boot when/where I need it. :o)
This is one huge update my friends!
Marswar demoset, Rw demoset, cabal, heretic movies, hr episode runs, Cn update...
Maikl, Searcher, Rich, Ryback, Vile, Grazza, Opulent, Angus, Alexis Neuhaus, DooMerMan, methodman, Tamonis, Kapustin, Torn, Gusta,....

lots and lots of quality this time once again...
just watched Angus' and method_man's Scythe demos. Just THOSE are worth the wait for sure. :)
thanks for everyone being so patient.

Old Post 11-03-03 17:02 #
DEMOn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

DEMOn said:
Marswar demoset
How imminent is this update? I was planning to package it up nicely, and stuff. Or have you already done that?

Old Post 11-03-03 17:30 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DEMOn

see the MW demoset thread. :)
update is still at the very least 2 days away... depends upon how fired up I get when I get home.
this update is probably 4 times as big as what I started the DSDA with.
as for marswar, I'll upload that page early probably (if I remember to)

Old Post 11-03-03 17:52 #
DEMOn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

Grazza said:
How imminent is this update? I was planning to package it up nicely, and stuff. Or have you already done that?

Before anything is done I should reiterate; most of the demos I did for marswar were for fun and in support of the demo forum. As I said, repeatedly, I did not spent the time to improve the lmps which I normally would have spent had I planned to send them to the DSDA.

Having said that I don't wish to deprive you or Opulent the opportunity to place your demos on the DSDA. I don't object to mine being included as they are a part of the demoset as long as the text includes a statement of qualification such as that in my first paragraph, beginning with 'Most of the demos...'.

Old Post 11-03-03 18:16 #
Rich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DEMOn

1) I think the few people that will actually see these demos understand that from all of us. It is not our finest work, but not too shabby either.
2) We will make sure the final zip meets all of our needs. :)
3) Your demos for this set are still good... even if they aren't as great as some of yours, they are still worth seeing, and do the megawad justice.

Old Post 11-03-03 19:15 #