Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Hr2 beta Map07 max

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Opulent

slow maxdemo. good map, even if it is unbalanced.

Attachment: hr271047.zip
This has been downloaded 17 time(s).

Old Post 11-14-03 06:58 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Opulent it may seem slow to you, but no doubt it is quite speedy compared to those of us who are just mere mortals.

grabbing it as we speak. Thanks

Old Post 11-14-03 15:56 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I watched it a while ago and you make it look relatively easy, Op. :) Good job. How many tries did that take?

Old Post 11-14-03 17:06 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DEMOn

It was the first time I got passed the Cyber.
there are only 2 tricky parts of the map:
the mancubus area at the start, and playing with the Cyberdemon to make him get rid of the revenents+
If you just PLAY it and the Cyberdemon is nothing. As I said in the textfile, the best route would be to rocket the vile and grab the bfg... then get everyone outside with the Cyber while you clean up the details(and even get the last key) then kill who's left with your ample ammo and exit. However, GETTING to the bfg isn't too easy. :)
It takes a bit of luck to get passed the first room... but I can do it about 1/8 of the time.
thanks for the kind words, and for watching!

Old Post 11-14-03 17:57 #
DEMOn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

Opulent, good job on a tough map!

Old Post 11-14-03 20:53 #
Rich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Someone should do a UV Max on Hr2 map08. I'd love to see that :)

Old Post 11-14-03 21:24 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

DooMBoy said:
Someone should do a UV Max on Hr2 map08. I'd love to see that :)

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/hr2b.htm
It is a good demo, but not such a good run by Altima. I know he'd do it much faster if he re-recorded it.

Old Post 11-14-03 22:25 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Funny, I remember that when I first played HR2 map07, the archie immediately blasted me out of the starting area, and I ended up killing the mancubuses after the arachnotrons. God knows how I survived that; maybe archie threw me up to the megasphere on the way out, or maybe I just had a ton of health from the previous map.

For a while I thought that was the intended route. I'm not suggesting it as a good option, BTW.

Old Post 11-15-03 00:31 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote