Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > EAXT level 2 Max Demo

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rich

From my text:

eaxt.wad - level 2 by Erik Alm - time 8:42 - presently in newstuff

Skill 3 Max 100% kills/100% secrets

recorded using legacy 1.40

NOTE: This map is not designed to be played on skill 4 - per Erik Alm.

Attachment: eaxt0842.zip
This has been downloaded 17 time(s).

Old Post 11-21-03 09:48 #
Rich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Wow, you have been busy. :) That must have been hard work.

Skill 3 does seem the natural one for demos; skill 4 must be TAS (or Vile!)-only.

Old Post 11-21-03 11:07 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

Grazza said:
Wow, you have been busy. :) That must have been hard work.

Skill 3 does seem the natural one for demos; skill 4 must be TAS (or Vile!)-only.

Thank you for watching. :)

To be honest, in my opinion, skill 3 is really not as difficult as Erik implied. The opening is crazy but once you get past it your chances are good.

On the other hand, skill 4 is well beyond anything I'm willing to stress myself out on.

Old Post 11-21-03 13:55 #
Rich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kristian Ronge

Whoa! Nice one! :-)

That made me want to go play it meself...
[promptly does so]

Old Post 11-21-03 16:52 #
Kristian Ronge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

Kristian Ronge said:
Whoa! Nice one! :-)
]

Old Post 11-21-03 17:48 #
Grazza
=/-

Rich said:
To be honest, in my opinion, skill 3 is really not as difficult as Erik implied. The opening is crazy but once you get past it your chances are good.
I'd go along with that. The first time I survived the start I very nearly made it all the way through to the end. BTW, I used a completely different route at the start, going for the plasma gun instead of the RL. Your route is better, I think.

Last edited by Grazza on 11-21-03 at 19:35

Old Post 11-21-03 18:42 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

Grazza said:
I'd go along with that. The first time I survived the start I very nearly made it all the way through to the end. BTW, is used a completely different route at the start, going for the plasma gun instead of the RL. Your route is better, I think.

I'll have to try that route. I didn't initially because there is a lot of health in the direction I went plus the added advantage of having the RL when you arrive on the plazma side; however, it is worth a try.

Old Post 11-21-03 19:10 #
Searcher

Rich - As usual - Outstanding!

Old Post 11-22-03 02:28 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

Searcher said:
Rich - As usual - Outstanding!

Thanks Gene. :)

Old Post 11-22-03 14:44 #