Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Real World 2 Nightmare demos

Donce said:

Played MAP05 today; again, a pretty good demonfear'ish map, and you can 'console run' to the exit like in MAP02, thus skipping the blue key. Also recorded a NM demo in 0:26; the zip also contains a NM pacifist in 0:30.

Torn, feel free to beat this one as well :)

I will try. :)
I didn't really notice the console, I guess I'm blind. Thanks for the trick, I will credit you for that.

Have you tried a try at the boring looking map, because I didn't have enegy to try it out. The one with where you start in a cross with a teleport right before you.

Now that I'm at home, I recorded the same demos for MAP05, but this time in NM: the zip contains regular NM in 0:28 and NM pacifist in 0:30.

Also, I edited my previous post to avoid misunderstandings :)

Torn said:

Have you tried a try at the boring looking map, because I didn't have enegy to try it out. The one with where you start in a cross with a teleport right before you.

As of yet, I've played the first five maps. Whenever I play the rest, I'll sure record something if it's within my abilities and doesn't require too much time, which I don't have. :/

heh, as for the playing old demos. SURELY you have batch files like mine? i have "d.bat" which i preedit to record so i can type "d 001" to record "fpd001.lmp" and then "p.bat" which does the reverse, "p 102" plays "fpd102.lmp" etc. so my command line would look like

d 001
d 002
d 003
d 004
p 004
d 005
etc.

Personally, I don't like to create many failed demos, so I just record on top of the last one until I do something worthy, then I rename.

I sometimes use a batch file to count how many tries it takes me to achieve a succesful recording.

When I create demos, I mostly just use a name like rw208n (for rw2.wad map08 nightmare! skill) and rename it to rw208nXX (where xx is the time) if I get a good exit or a good time. Then I can see if it is good enough or I should try with another rw208n. :)

Today it was MAP06. I was really surprised to succeed in doing it NM in 0:25. I was really lucky. Guess what was my second best attempt? No. It was 0:48 :)

I've been calling my demos adam02.lmp for so long now I forget what happened to adam01.lmp :D. I always just use -record adam02 and overwrite till I get one i like, then rename it. I honestly don't remember why. hehe.

I usually use op.lmp, just so I know it's me.
I use a.lmp for every playback demo.

OK, only one map was left to do, MAP07. I was pretty glad to find that there is at least one trick to be implemented - the yellow key trick.

MAP07 NM in 0:36

Yes, that is doubtless inspired by the red key area in Requiem map09 (both the mechanism and the trick possibility).

That's a really nice-looking demo, IMO.