Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Miscellaneous demos (part 1) [please post in part 3 instead]

NJ Doom E2M8 "Exercise yard" UV Max in 0:43
What a joke of a level, schoolboy error from the author.
Included a demo of how the author probably wanted me to finish this level.

n2j8-043.zip

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

NJ Doom1 E3M8 UV-Fast 2:51

Tricky map to done on this category, a lot of hitscans, need to be careful Ah Ah Ah!!!!!!

This can be done a lot faster with a litle help from our red floaty friends. This is a first exit so the time is easily beatable and just to show a little inspiration :)

n3j8f-137.zip

Creaphis said:
Just attaching this here for this thread...

Wrong thread. I tried splitting to move it to the FDA thread it but it's pretending that I'm not selecting any posts to split. Unless it's some temporary glitch it may have to do with this thread's length. As a mod, I've always found very long threads annoying to edit. If the length is causing this, something needs to be done, either start a second misc thread and close this one or fix a forum bug.

myk said:

Wrong thread.

Oh sorry, I didn't think of that. Also I apologize for making this thread even longer.

No problem, the technical limit is not your fault, in any case!

To all concerned, please don't post here, use the new part 2 thread instead. I suppose we should lock this, although I get the impression locking threads interferes with searches. Unless that's not the case, simply avoid posting here, except maybe with some pertinent non-demo-attaching replies to recent posts.

This is a DooM .LMP "Competition" Entry - Please forward it...

MD012848.TXT

MD012848.ZIP

MD012848.LMP - Ultra Violence

Recorded using Doom in all forms imaginable !
  Doom2 -PlayDemo with Legacy

Doomworld - Doom Speed Demos - "Miscellaneous demos"

Views          162996
  Replies         2636
  Attachments 1164

... and Time   2848 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes
                             --------------------------------

Description:

Meh... first exit, easy level. Will improve if challenged. ;-)

The speedrunning community

1. Yep, impressive. I joined the speedrunners' forum somewhere around page 35...

2. How do you count the number of attachments, dew?

3. So is it the number of attachments that causes the problem? There are much more expansive threads in WADs and Mods or Doom General, such as "Post your Doom picture" and nothing happened?

vdgg said:

2. How do you count the number of attachments, dew?

you pull an all-nighter. alternatively you search for new posts, misc. demos will have the paperclip icon for threads with attachments, check its alt text. the downside is, i think it's just an increment that doesn't reflect attachments removed, because bloodshedder just moved creaphis' file to FDAs and the number didn't go down.

EDIT:
<Bloodshedder> just running 'update counters' on threads right now
<Bloodshedder> and it was correct, because those earlier moves were done using the forum software

so... 1163. and this...

<dewww> are we below the critical limit now that you moved that one fateful attachment?
<Bloodshedder> no, the limit is based on the amount of HTML form data/elements that can be sent via POST
<Bloodshedder> thus making threads of a certain size unsplittable

vdgg said:
There are much more expansive threads in WADs and Mods or Doom General, such as "Post your Doom picture" and nothing happened?

I'm guessing no one tried splitting them or the like, or they didn't bother to bring the issue to light. Demo threads tend to get split more than usual.

In a week or two (so everyone has a chance to comment) we should close this thread but make sure that this is the first and last post so everyone understands what to do.