Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > lmp files for Zdoom only ?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cassandra
Green Marine

Hi to everybody,

Where can I find the lmp files runable with Zdoom
for all (yes I mean all!) the Doom episodes:

Ultimate Doom
Doom II + Master Levels
TNT
Plutonia

If existing of course...
Thanx for help !

Old Post 09-04-01 19:55 #
Cassandra is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

They dont exist. There are speedruns on the Compet-N site but these are for the original doom.exe and you will have to use a compatible port such as PrBoom to play them.

Old Post 09-04-01 20:07 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

Not Quite, fraggle. Zdoom lmps, they do exist. We record and make zdoom demos out of our deathmatch games on doomserv, but we don't really share them with public. Some of them are stored on Toke's site. Yesterday I met Toke on #nightmare channel again finally.( He has been hiding last couple weeks) Unfortunately, Toke explained his site will be down as long as his cable is. However, I would like to share some zdoom demos with you from myself or I could ask some from my cousin chewy and the others. (They are all deathmatch demos) Come on to doomserv and you'll see. (Doomserv)

This is how you play zdoom lmp. Run it first, then press the button tile "`" and type in -playdemo filename. For playing pwad demos, you should go to run command at windows start button, type in such c:\doom2\zdoom.exe -file dwango5.wad -playdemo filename

Solo demos, I prefer to download them from compet-n too.

Old Post 09-04-01 20:46 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

Yeah, they do exist. If you try to play regular Doom on ZDoom, it will put an error message on the console saying: "Cannot run non-ZDoom demos (They would go out of sync badly!)

I of all people should know they exist because I record them!

Old Post 09-04-01 22:03 #
Crendowing is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Toke
May he rest in peace

i doubt any serious SP demos have ever been done in zdoom

zdoom is for editing, not playing

Old Post 09-30-01 22:59 #
Toke is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

i doubt any serious SP demos have ever been done in zdoom

zdoom is for editing, not playing

what he said

Old Post 10-01-01 03:33 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote