Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bejiitas_wrath

Punisher UV.

I have completed Dario Casali's Punisher in UV.

This is my crowning achievement, and I do not think I will top this for a while.

http://bejiitas_wrath.tripod.com/cgi-bin/_doomfiles/pun_demo.zip

Prboom 2.2.3 required.

There is a good bit at the start of this demo, where I go down to 1% health fighting some lost souls and manage to fight my way out. Very tense.

You will have to right-click and save link target as to get the zip. Damn Tripod.

The file won't unzip for me. I tried downloading it several times, and each time there is the same error message ("... Zip file corrupt ...") when I try to open it with Winzip.

Man, it's been forever since I've seen a max on this level... :) Can't wait til the upload is done again.

Well, thought I'd let people know that I went ahead and improved on my older Punisher UV maxdemo, the time now for that map (for me) is 7:23... :)

I sent the demo to Ops, hope you guys like it! It was really fun playing that map again... :)

PS - Left some lost souls alive, but I don't think there were scragglers anywhere else.
Op edit: http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/pnsh-723.zip

Just sent Ops the last of the punisher demos from me.. time for this one is 6:50...

Boy I hope that lost souls are the only thing alive in this one.. :)

PrBoom 2.2.6 has an alive monsters counter, which you can use to check your demos. And you can use a walkcam (Eternity or Budko's PrBoom) to verify that it is telling the truth.

6:50 sounds sweet.

I am reposting the demo to Doomworld this time. I am sorry it did not work last time, I was in a hurry and must have used ASCII instead of Binary.

I am posting the zip to this forum, I have just tested the Zip on WinXP Pro and it opened for me, but the weblink will not work. Oh, well the problems with FTP I get are annoying, but it should work now.

http://bejiitas_wrath.tripod.com/maps/pundemo.zip

I have just uploaded the file to my webspace again and downloaded it again to test it and it works now. You need Prboom 2.2.3 or any compatible port to use this demo.

Grazza said:

Sure, why not? I'll upload it too, if I get to it before Op.

On it's way Graz, I can't figure out how to use the damn walkcam... :( I'm worried that a caco made it out this time... :(

Damn I hope not!

ragnew said:

I'm worried that a caco made it out this time... :(

Sadly, there are three monsters alive at the end of this one: a caco (as you feared), a chaingunner (we catch a glimpse of him towards the end of the demo, in fact), and an archie who presumably never teleported in. Bad luck there - seems you're just too fast for this map. ;/

ragnew said:

I can't figure out how to use the damn walkcam... :(

In Eternity, you get it via the menus: Options - Features - Demos - Walkcam On.

In Budko's PrBoom/GLBoom, press V twice to go to walkcam mode. Press V again to rejoin the player. You can change the key to activate the walkcam in Options - Setup - Key Bindings (last page).

In either case, you direct the walkcam using your normal movement controls.

:( - Damnit, well, whoever does this map next... Make sure you kill all those bastards for me again. TWICE!

Thanks for checking it out Graz.

ragnew said:

:( - Damnit, well, whoever does this map next... Make sure you kill all those bastards for me again. TWICE!

It's not quite killing all those bastards, but I got a UV-Max exit here in 8:35. My first exit, but if you think one archie not teleporting is bad luck....how about 3? Yup, you guessed it, THREE archies decided not to teleport in at the end (How's that for bad luck?). Regardless, I'm still going to send it to Ops, just need to do a txt file. Once it's sent, I'm gonna give it another shot (maybe all the archies will actually teleport in this time ^_^).

ragnew said:

Thanks for checking it out Graz.

You're welcome. At least you have a new valid record in the 7:23 (no monsters alive there - verified), so your work in these latest Punisher sessions has not been in vain. And you have also shown that it can realistically be taken below 7 minutes.

Searcher said:

bejiitas_wrath, Any finish in that map is a win. ;) Nice job.

Rich A. Awesome as always! WOW!

Thanks bud, glad you liked the demo. Just a real pain in the ass making sure you kill EVERYTHING on the map when you rush it.

Them bastards always find the corners and "out of the way" rooms to hide in... :)

ANIMA : That'll be awesome seeing your demo man. I'm looking forward to it. Keep up the recording and make sure you kill everyone.

Those damn cacos/chaingunners are the ones that gave me the problems... :(

ragnew said:

ANIMA : That'll be awesome seeing your demo man. I'm looking forward to it. Keep up the recording and make sure you kill everyone.

Thanks. I also have a 7:39 I did right after. Good news= all the archies came out this time :). Bad news= One revenant is still alive at the end (ARGH! >_<). I tried some more attempts afterwards but always ended up getting killed, usually by archies or cybers. Damn them ^_^. If you want to see it, let me know and I'll send it off tomorrow before having some more goes at it.

Anima Zero said:

Thanks. I also have a 7:39 I did right after. Good news= all the archies came out this time :). Bad news= One revenant is still alive at the end (ARGH! >_<). I tried some more attempts afterwards but always ended up getting killed, usually by archies or cybers. Damn them ^_^. If you want to see it, let me know and I'll send it off tomorrow before having some more goes at it.

Right on man, yeah, I'd like to see the demos as well.. :) I sat down tonight after work and did a few more demos my closest time was 7:05. I haven't sat down and checked to see if there was anyone else alive, so I'll do that before I ship it off...

But, with the luck that we're having on this damn map, well, I'm sure there's a scraggler somewhere... :)

ragnew said:

Right on man, yeah, I'd like to see the demos as well.. :) I sat down tonight after work and did a few more demos my closest time was 7:05. I haven't sat down and checked to see if there was anyone else alive, so I'll do that before I ship it off...

But, with the luck that we're having on this damn map, well, I'm sure there's a scraggler somewhere... :)

I wouldn't be surprised at all either if there's anything alive ^_^.

On another note, I sent off my 7:39 to Ops. Should be up later today.

*Goes off to try improving the time once again.*

EDIT: YES! After several more attempts, I got a new time of 7:16. Even better is the fact that every monster is dead too. Hopefully there's no monsters that have been ressurected by archies that are still alive :). Going to be sending it off to Ops soon.

Alrighty guys this is the last demo I'm doing for this map... It's not as fast as my 6:50 demo, but none the less, it's a good demo.

DAMN, monsters I tell you... DAMN, DAMN monsters!!!

Yeah, there's one remaining at the maps end, so, eh, guess he's gonna stay that way... :)

Just sent the demo to Ops.

EDIT : Oops, forgot to mention that the demo is the 7:05 run.

I have bettered my time on the Punisher twice, I have done 19:44 and 12:24 in UV. I am not worried about the monster kill count I am just trying to get to the exit on time as fast as possible. Get the demos here:

http://www.geocities.com/hungry_mancubus/punisher_19_44.zip
http://www.geocities.com/hungry_mancubus/punisher_12_24.zip

And these links do work this time, I have learned my lesson.

I am using the Geocities webspace, because I have not used that space in ages and I thought I should do something with it. And Doomworld forum will not accept my uploads even though they are only about 24KB. I am not doing anything more with this map, I get frustrated dying over and over and I have just got the Master levels to complete my classic Doom collection, so I might run some of those maps. Maybe 'Geryon' or 'Vesperas' That would be very nice. I have done a 100-100 run of Vesperas on the PSX, so I should be able to do it on the PC.

The F&%@ing Pain Elementals always get in your way when you least expect it, I have a few ideas on what I want to do to them, but I will not elaborate. Oh, well at least I can slaughter some Cybderdemons but I have tried not to get too worked up over the afforementioned Pain Elementals. Their name is well deserved indeed, they are a pain in the proverbial. There are about 50 Lost Souls in the map sometimes. Oh, yes, and when is the latest Prboom coming out for Linux. I am looking forwards to the latest RPM. I want to use the Walkcam to study my moves better, I want to do a lot faster than 12:24 if that is possible as a plain speedrun. I have thought about different routes, but I guess you still have to contend with the Chainguys in the Archvile room. I always have problems with that area, since you do not always know what awaits you on the way to the Blue key area.

I wanted to do HR2 MAP32, but that is an overpopulated childish mess of Cyberdemons and Archies that I have not seen in a long time outside of the Idgames archive. I can beat Doom2 MAP28 in Nightmare mode, yet I died in that map in about 7 seconds! Maybe there is a way to do it, but I cannot manage it yet. But if I did manage that it would be a enormous achievement.