Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opulent

Scythe2 Demos

Haven't done any demos for awhile, so I did a map14 UV-Pacifist. If there is a trick here to save time, I didn't see it :P.

A tough run too. The room right after the RL is a prime example of that.

Close calls here, but I squeaked through thankfully. Couple slip-ups too.

As for the time, it's 1:53.

Will send to Ops now.

ehhh I have already recorded and uploaded 1:43 (or so) pacifist for map14 about half year ago. The demo is in the table I suppose?
Oh and there is really no trick in this map so the route is perhaps the same.

Gusta said:

ehhh I have already recorded and uploaded 1:43 (or so) pacifist for map14 about half year ago. The demo is in the table I suppose?

Yup, it is. :)

Gusta said:

Oh and there is really no trick in this map so the route is perhaps the same.

Ah crap, you're right. This just proves that I need to check the table first before trying something in the future :P.

Oh well, I'll just see what else there's to do on this wad.

Anima Zero said:

Oh well, I'll just see what else there's to do on this wad.

How about speedruns for MAP24 and 25? Those are the only ones missing for a full speedrun pack. ^_^

Schneelocke said:

How about speedruns for MAP24 and 25? Those are the only ones missing for a full speedrun pack. ^_^

Funny you should mention Map24 for a speedrun, cause that's what I was attempting earlier. No go so far, but it is quite possible to do, so hopefully later today or tomorrow I'll have a speedrun done for map24.

Anima Zero said:

Funny you should mention Map24 for a speedrun, cause that's what I was attempting earlier. No go so far, but it is quite possible to do, so hopefully later today or tomorrow I'll have a speedrun done for map24.

Great, I'm looking forward to it! ^_^

xit-vono said:

I did maxdemos for map11 in 2:32 and map12 in 2:52.

Opulent, how many we should wait? ;)

Finally managed to do a map24 UV-Speed. Time for the run is 5:13. Rather long for a speedrun, but with so many monsters that have to be smacked aside, especially at the final part of the level, this run is asking to be a long one.

Still, there's a few things that could go faster (They're explained in the txt file). I wouldn't be surprised if something near a 4:10 or so, perhaps even sub-4, is reachable here.

It's still the first speedrun for the level though, so I'll send the run to Ops now.

Managed a huge improvement for my map24 UV-Speed. Originally got a 3:55, but that had one very ugly moment that I just wouldn't accept, so I did some more recording sessions this morning, and got a very nice time of 3:08. Can't ask for much more better than this run.

It's already been sent to Ops as well.

I did a tyson for map19 in 18:49. There are some parts which sucked, and I got blasted by the arch-vile, so that shows that the map is not too hard in tyson style. I think this will be my last scythe2 demo for a while. I will probably go back to making demos for compet-n now.

Kristian Ronge said:

I'm glad you feel that way. Here are two more speedruns, on map 16:
UV speed/pacifist/reality in 0:28, and a NM equivalent also in 0:28. Enjoy!

Thanks... I did! :) And I updated the demo table to include all the recent demos, as well (including Xit's tyson for MAP19, which I had missed when he originally posted it for some reason).

Tsss boring demo ... (how the hell did you make it? :-) ... well on automap it's obvious what happened to Mr.X, I never got this luck. but still it's your faster start that saved 2 seconds.

Hey, sorry for an offtopic question, but you guys might help me. I'm just trying to play Scythe2.wad with doom2.exe ver. 1.94. Cant make it working, always get this error "W_CacheLumpNum : 2230989 >= NumLumps". Any idea how to fix that?

thx

Radeg said:

Hey, sorry for an offtopic question, but you guys might help me. I'm just trying to play Scythe2.wad with doom2.exe ver. 1.94. Cant make it working, always get this error "W_CacheLumpNum : 2230989 >= NumLumps". Any idea how to fix that?

thx

1.9_4_? Where'd you get that? o.o (Or do you mean 1.92.4?)

I guess it must be mistake cause in lots of maps you can't exit or push some buttons without complevel 5...

Most of the maps are doom2 compatible, but some require boom. I think there may be something you must do to the wad first though, but I can't remember what it is.

You need to:

deusf -app scythe2.wad
(making sure that deusf.exe finds doom2.wad and not doom.wad)

extract the dehacked patch from scythe2.wad and apply it to the doom2-plus executable (of which the latest version is 1.92.6 - get it here)

Many of the maps don't use any Boom specials or require any Boom behaviour. Perhaps Erik can provide details, and there was some discussion much earlier in this thread, I think. Note that some maps (02, 08, 10 and 18; maybe others yet to be discovered?) feature spechits overflows, so you may need to have emulation enabled to them back with prboom(-plus) (and be using a relatively recent version). The one is map02 is the one that had caused most problems so far.

_MethoD_ said:

I guess it must be mistake cause in lots of maps you can't exit or push some buttons without complevel 5...

Please note that in current versions it is -complevel 9 for Boom 2.02 compatibility. -complevel 5 will give you a Dosdoom 0.47-format demo now.