Let's try Caesium
Just for a bit of fun, I've chosen 15 extracts from demo text-files. Your task is to guess who was the player in the demos in question. If you can state what the demo was, so much the better.
The demos can be from compet-n, SDA, DSF packs, the TAS site (old or new), or ones that have appeared in this forum. The players are different in each case. I chose some slightly obscure ones, because if I made it too easy, Kristian would get them all straight away. :P
1. "Whole shooty family, and fact that I just killed their cousin outside probably had something with why they was so eager to see my blod on the floor...or just maybe their stupid invisible pets was hungry."
2. "Verily shall archviles fail to be distracted by chaingunners; and when at last thou dost achieve a good time, it shall be on a run wherein thou wast forced to shoot a mancubus, and which thou carriedst on only for practice."
3. "Yeah yeah yeah... Hi kids... Today's show's gonna be the funniest, side-splittingest cavalcade of... Aw, to hell with it. Roll the cartoon."
4. "Quick description: I die after 9 seconds, and the boss brain dies nearly a minute later. ... the revenant is just the other side of the boss brain from it, and so the lost souls it spits out in retaliation hit the boss brain before they reach their target. Of course, things get a bit messy with lots of lost souls piling up, but the pain elemental moves around enough to keep things going."
5. "Rocket-jump for acceleration. -130% of health, but this is also minus one sec."
6. "Afterwards, it's time to deal with the new sets behind those lowering walls around the outside of the map... I take care of some sets the same as before (archvile hallways are too risky) but I let loose a good portion of the monsters at the same time to make it more interesting."
7. "Enjoy this earthquake style demo Radek :P You may find it very hard to beat."
8. "so maybe it'd work even without a rocket...? :) man, that'd piss sedlo off. heheheheh." "OMFG! I just removed the teleporters ... guess what I managed" "you did it without a rocket?" "yep" [I had to edit this one a bit to avoid giving the identities away.]
9. "* hitting switches that activate traps that kill monsters ("Don't look at me - *I* didn't wire up this place...")"
10. "The map is fun when you have the BFG and are slaughtering the hundred or so Imps in mass...that's my favorite part =) I'm not hard to please, especially when it comes to bodies splattering all over the place....fun stuff."
11. "Constant action! I love this map. At first I thought this would be too hard for me and there wouldn't be enough safe places. What? Safe places? You don't need them."
12. "And I must explain why I shot a rocket in front of my face before exiting... I wanted to cross the exit line being dead but while going up the elevator I noticed I had too much health to suicide with a single rocket. So I reduced the health with that rocket. However, I had forgotten that it was the last rocket so I had to exit the level normally, being alive :-))"
13. "A couple of lost souls in the walls, I didn't like the monster positioning at the red door this time and I think better use could be made of the 2nd invulnerability. I didn't trigger the secret at the 2nd invuln which rather pissed me off 3 hours later when I found out. Still - pretty happy to pull it under 4 mins."
14. "But what nobody really can get used to is being surprised every time we cross back over our own path. The enemy are already awake, so they get the jump on us, this time. No more picking them off one by one, because chaos is already nipping at our heels. Soon our swath of destruction will turn against us with mass respawns and chaotic enemy placements, quickly eating away our armor, quickly" [There are two possible answers for this one.]
15. "Okay, now I'm done with this map.... I love it to death, but am now sick of recording it.... Thanks for beating my times here Eugene, without your kick ass demos, this route would have remained hidden for a long ass time.... Oh and Doug, again thanks for the tips with the other demos I sent... They did pay off, by over a minute... :)"