Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Nostalgia Hour: Hoover Dam UV Max

Hello all,

Here's a little UV max I recorded for Hoover Dam, in 10:47. I had great fun recording this one, I hope you like it. The time and performance -> okay, but still a little on the casual side. It's in doom2.exe format, as usual. Enjoy!

Nice demo there Kristian :). I got inspired watching it, so I decided to do my own demo for the level: a UV-Speed in 5:19. Some minor mistakes, but otherwise looks ok to me. I wonder if sub-5 is possible here. If not, then a low 5:1x should be easy to hit.

I'll send the demo to Ops now.

Cool! And thanks. :-)

For the UV speed, did you consider the AV jump from the top of the dam down to the teleporter (and then running to the exit via the blue bars, etc.)? It should save some time (since you don't have to wait for the metal lift in the hell section, and you also don't have to fight any more monsters. :-)

Kristian Ronge said:

Cool! And thanks. :-)

For the UV speed, did you consider the AV jump from the top of the dam down to the teleporter (and then running to the exit via the blue bars, etc.)? It should save some time (since you don't have to wait for the metal lift in the hell section, and you also don't have to fight any more monsters. :-)

Funny enough, but I kinda stumbled on the AV jump on accident really :P. Figured when it was attacking me after I picked up the YK and was running back, I might as well try for an AV jump over the dam since I wasn't going to find any cover any time soon before getting hit. Looked like it helped me out in the end :).

And by the blue bars, I assume you mean the ones by a switch needing the Blue Key right? If so...well, there's usually enemies blocking my way there (HKs and some imps in a room where you press a switch and stairs start slowing building). I get past them quickly though with the SSG.

Of course, if that's not what you're talking about, then ignore what I just said. This was a 30 mins effort demo ya know :).

Yes, that was exactly what I was talking about! :-D

Heh, I guess you could kill off most of the opposition in the rising stair room while you're waiting for the stairs to rise, of course... ;-D

I watched your run, very nice I must say!

Mark Klem's WADs rule. His MM map 32 is easily one of the 50 best maps of all time, all maps considered. I have a very old (2003ish) demo for mkmines.wad, in zdoom 1.22 format, rotting away on my HDD...

Post that mk3 run if you care to. We all still have 1.22 on our systems. Mine is in a subfolder just waiting for a little cpu time. I'd love to see it.