Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As always, thx a lot :)

I just did another one: Map20 in 11:07. This demo is a good example that cyberdemons are easier to beat one on one when they're in -fast mode.

Anima: Great job on 23! Please do more :)

There are 19 maps left (DeDo already did 01, 02 and 17). I'll try Map25 next.

Another UV -fast from me. This one is for map03. Got a time of 11:15. Not an easy level at all with -fast tacked on, especially the beginning. First exit too.

Sending to Ops now.

Oh, and -fast PEs are evil!

Did a map31 UV -fast in 16:50. First exit and also sloppy in places, but this was the 1st time I got past the giant elevator at the start. Someone improve this if they could :). I think it could go at least a minute or two faster.

Sending to Ops now.

Decided to improve my map31 UV -fast. Brought the time down to 15:52.

I still screwed up in this demo, namely the revs just before the RSK door. Fired a rocket in my face on accident, then dropped down to the ground level. Back up to top level, blew away most of the revs, then decided for some stupid reason to get the rocket packs I missed before (I would end up not needing them at the end). Had to go back to top level AGAIN. Finished off what revs were left before making my way back up again. This mess up alone cost me...I'd say 10 or 15 seconds total.

I also had some trouble in the 2nd Megasphere. No, I didn't screw up actually. Yes, the Arch-Viles just loved to keep reviving the HKs. That was just bad luck right there.

Other than those sticky points above, everything else went much smoother than before. I'd still say a good 15-20 seconds could be shaved off, but for now, I'll leave it at this and try some other levels out.

Sending to Ops now.

Angus Thermopyle said:
I just did another one: Map20 in 11:07. This demo is a good example that cyberdemons are easier to beat one on one when they're in -fast mode.

Yeah, but pretty awesome; cornering that second one and finishing him off with the SSG in those dim halls was great.

Opulent said:

Nice run there :).

I think we're getting most of the easy levels outta the way. Most of the levels remaining now are probably going to be in the realm of really tough to near impossible now :).

I tried map29 UV -fast. Farthest I got was the BFG secret. Then I just have to run right into a cybie's rocket. Oh yay...

Just did a UV -fast for map29. Time for it is 42:08. Seems slow, but there are multiple parts of the level which have to be taken slowly or you'll die a very quick death. 40 minutes or less might be possible here, seeing as though how often I had to retreat to get some ammo and/or health.

Sending to Ops now.

Anima Zero said:

Just did a UV -fast for map29. Time for it is 42:08.

O.O Now that's something I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing... :)

Anima Zero said:

Just did a UV -fast for map29. Time for it is 42:08. 40 minutes or less might be possible here

Someone should tell it to Vile! I don't think that sub 30 would be a big problem for this mad person.

I liked the map29 fast great rains of fireballs there :), it seems it's not the hardest map for fast. Well it's long and crazy but you have everytime some place to hide out.
Anyway Vile's times on bigger maps are approximately 2/3 of the times I estimated so 30 on here would be no problem :)))

Just improved my map29 UV -fast. Got a new time of 37:34, an improvement of 4:34 over my previous run. Everything went well until the last 1/3rd of the level. Stupid monster teleporters+ my health going very very low= The need to go slow or die quickly. Sub 37, perhaps sub 36, is possible here.

Sending the demo to Ops now.

Anima Zero said:

Just improved my map29 UV -fast.

Excellent :) Especially the first half of the demo.

Anima Zero said:

Sub 37, perhaps sub 36, is possible here.

Another underestimation by Anima ;)

You've lost at least two or three minutes because of the damn monster teleporters, and the final area could go a lot faster if you'd go straight to the invulnerability after killing the mancubi and hellknights, and kill the rest with BFG. (Dunno if you could also skip the mancubi and kill them from below.)

I'd say sub 30 is possible for you...

Kristian Ronge said:

Map 29 -fast!? Oh, my God.

Indeed, especially with kb only ! I survived this map only once myself, and that was with normal monsters..

Heh, I didn't think I'd do another run on this map :). But I did. Improved the time to 32:07, almost 5 1/2 minutes faster than the last run. Not that many screw-ups (Well, one of those screw-ups was me firing a rocket a bit too close to a wall :P).

Sub-30? Yeah, it could be very possible. I'll leave at this for now and look at some other HR2 levels that are viable UV -fast runs.

Going to send my 32:07 run to Ops now.

Oh, and thanks for the helpful hint for the final arena Angus (and for the inspiration to try this map again) :). Helped a good bit (Even though I did make a quick run around the area just above where the imps were, just to be sure I wasn't going to be blocked when I did make that jump down).