Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angus Thermopyle

Revolution! demos [-complevel 2]

interesting wad

did map01 in 0:20 pacifist, sent to op - could go 0:18 or so, but meh, i lack patience. may try some other maps tonight...

op, just noticed something on the records page - method's 0:42 for map02 is pacifist as well as speed.

Just did a map18 UV -fast in 3:37. Not bad, but could go a bit faster in a couple spots.

Sending to Ops now.

BTW, I don't know if everyone knew, but there's another glide possible on MAP29 - you can glide through the blue key bars. Makes it tricky, though, as you have to make two glides to get a fast run. I can't make the red key glide consistently at all so I can't really do this, unless someone has a hint for a good way to make the red key glide.

I'd presumed it to be possible, but decided it was most realistic to restrict the route to just one tricky glide.

I found my success rate with the red bars glide wasn't too bad in the way that I did it, but I certainly didn't find any way to make it trivial, and I didn't get it at the first attempt very often.

Isn't a "glide" like when a plane or bird moves along the sky without effort? I would have called these sqeezes, squeeze-throughs, wiggle-throughs, or something like that.

It wouldn't have been my choice of name, but it does seem to be pretty well established by now. And if executed perfectly, they can look quite graceful, I suppose.

The name came about based on glides like the one in MAP16, which look perfect when you nail them.

cack_handed said:

This is my first contribution as I've never been able to beat anything before. Map09 UV Max in 2:40 tv09-240.zip - improves on Vile's time by three seconds.

I have to say that this demo has some very suspicious actions in it.
If legitimate, which it certainly could be, it is recorded with a very unusual keys setup.
With that said, thank you for sharing, whoever you are.

So what's suspicious about it then?

My control setup: mainly I move and strafe with the mouse as I've never found a convenient keyboard arrangement. I just use a couple of keys to move forward and back while holding down run. Plus the weapon select keys, which I use as little as I can get away with.

Decided that I should make a demo for this thread, so I went and made a speed run on map 07 of tvr in 1:27, which is really slow but I did it on my first try. I'll send it to Op soon. Yeah, my first demo ever!
EDIT: My bad, that run is 1:21, although the text document says that it is 1:27.

Sorry about the double post, but I made a quick run at map 11 in 1:04. I wanted to get under a minute, but that was the first time that I have played that level. I'll send to ops soon.

I managed map19 UV tyson run in 7:48 :) 22 tysons from tvr are completed now. Also tried a speed for this map and got 1:21.