Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Revolution! demos
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gusta
Forum Regular

btw. Also managed to record a double glide speed demo on map31 but my time was just crappy 0:39 which equals Grazza.

Old Post 03-05-06 09:54 #
Gusta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cack_handed
Mini-Member

I've improved Map10 UV Max to 3:26 tv10-326.zip - a bit messy but it'll have to do for now. It's the map Angus was working on a few weeks back. I just copied his route, but treated it a bit differently, eg. using a couple of rockets against Archie, and not bothering to clear the barrel ring in the slime before jumping in.

For a better time, it would be a laugh to use Archie to jump onto the crate with the rocket box and then finish him off with those :-) Speeds the ending up too and under 3:00 should be possible - but not by me ;-)

Old Post 03-05-06 14:10 #
cack_handed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Angus Thermopyle

Nice demos, cack_handed. And thx for the Map10 route changes :)

I just improved UV Max to 3:14. Without the AV jump though. My success rate is too low. But you're right, under 3 minutes is possible.

EDIT: New time is 3:09. I'll try further.

Last edited by Angus Thermopyle on 03-05-06 at 16:22

Old Post 03-05-06 16:11 #
Angus Thermopyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gusta
Forum Regular

I improved map17 max to 2:34. Still not so perfect IMO.

Old Post 03-05-06 16:35 #
Gusta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Angus Thermopyle

Great time, Gusta!

I did Map10 UV Max in 3:03.

Old Post 03-05-06 19:02 #
Angus Thermopyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

shotgunmasacre2:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv11_104.zip

Angus:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv10-303.zip

Old Post 03-05-06 20:33 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AdamW

Watching shotgunmassacre's MAP11 it looked like a good map for pacifist, so I did pacifist in 0:33. Sorry to beat your first demo, man :). Sent to op.

Old Post 03-06-06 06:21 #
AdamW is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gusta
Forum Regular

I tried a max on map29, and got time 2:09 (cool time for map 29:) Sent all my latest demos to Opulent just NOW.

Old Post 03-06-06 09:55 #
cack_handed
Mini-Member

Angus Thermopyle said:
I did Map10 UV Max in 3:03.

Wow, that's a massive improvement! One more small trick I noticed - you can cut the corner on the walkway by jumping inside the pillar. Whether the saving is worth the hassle I don't know - here's a rough NoMonsters just to show the idea: tv10m046.zip

Old Post 03-06-06 18:45 #
cack_handed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Knocked off another UV -fast. This time, it's for map04. Time is 3:38. Still very improvable IMO (3:25 or so sounds like a good time here).

I think the only UV -fast map undone now is 32. Once that's complete, we'll have a full UV -fast pack :).

Sending my map04 UV -fast to Ops now.

Old Post 03-06-06 19:55 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Schneelocke
Forum Regular

Anima Zero said:
I think the only UV -fast map undone now is 32. Once that's complete, we'll have a full UV -fast pack :).

Is there -fast run (or any demo, for that matter) for map 08 yet? If yes, I must've missed it... :P

Old Post 03-06-06 20:32 #
Schneelocke is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
shotgunmasacre2

AdamW said:
Watching shotgunmassacre's MAP11 it looked like a good map for pacifist, so I did pacifist in 0:33. Sorry to beat your first demo, man :). Sent to op.

Dont be, i knew that it was a slow time and that was the first time that I played that level ever, so 1:04 on my first time playing the level isnt that bad, besides that was only the second demo that I have ever made. And times are always ment to be broken ;)

Edit: Oh, and i hate to make pacificst runs, but I wanted to just give it a shot to see what I could do. I feel pacifist runs kill the whole point of the game.

Last edited by shotgunmasacre2 on 03-06-06 at 21:46

Old Post 03-06-06 21:39 #
shotgunmasacre2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

Adam W.:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv11p033.zip

Gusta:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv01t057.zip
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv17-234.zip
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv19-121.zip
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv29-209.zip
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv19t748.zip

Anima:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv04f338.zip

Old Post 03-07-06 03:54 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AdamW

shotgunmasacre2 said:

Dont be, i knew that it was a slow time and that was the first time that I played that level ever, so 1:04 on my first time playing the level isnt that bad, besides that was only the second demo that I have ever made. And times are always ment to be broken ;)

Edit: Oh, and i hate to make pacificst runs, but I wanted to just give it a shot to see what I could do. I feel pacifist runs kill the whole point of the game.

Your demo wasn't pacifist, I just made mine pacifist as there's no particular need to shoot anything in this level. I love pacifist - understanding and exploiting monster behaviour is sometimes more interesting than just blowing 'em out of the way...:)

Old Post 03-07-06 06:16 #
AdamW is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kristian Ronge

You mean, more frustrating. ;-)

Old Post 03-07-06 09:21 #
Kristian Ronge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cack_handed
Mini-Member

Another UV Max improvement - Map11 in under two minutes: tv11-158.zip

Old Post 03-07-06 17:59 #
Gusta
Forum Regular

cack_handed: very cool, all your initial demos are pretty good, I hope we will see much more stuff from you. Btw. I also use mouse to move forward/backward very often because I never got used to play doom with -novert

Old Post 03-07-06 18:05 #
shotgunmasacre2

Kristian Ronge said:
You mean, more frustrating. ;-)

;) I have to agree with you on that one.

Old Post 03-07-06 18:14 #
shotgunmasacre2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AdamW

I use the mouse for small forward / back adjustments all the time. I can't play with novert, it feels all wrong.

Old Post 03-07-06 22:54 #
Grazza
=/-

It's not the mouse for forward/backward movements that is so unusual about cack_handed's control set-up. Look at it with LMPC, and you'll see that the most common type of strafing is s50 and there is no turning while strafing - it's either one or the other. Does anyone else move like this?

Old Post 03-07-06 23:15 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gusta
Forum Regular

I recorded a maxkill for map24 in 1:21 yesterday (eh ... sorry Angus :), but today i saw that maybe I can improve it more so I will perhaps try it again.

Old Post 03-08-06 13:19 #
cack_handed
Mini-Member

Gusta said:
cack_handed: very cool, all your initial demos are pretty good, I hope we will see much more stuff from you. Btw. I also use mouse to move forward/backward very often because I never got used to play doom with -novert

Thanks for the encouragement. It's a pleasure to play through such a great Wad that hasn't been totally done-to-death so it's possible to record some competitive times.

>>Grazza: there's a simple reason my stuff looks a bit odd: I don't use any keys at all for turning or strafing. I just hold down the right mouse button to strafe, so turning at the same time = impossible. It makes circle strafing a pain, but you can achieve some very fine aiming control by strafing instead of turning and still make very rapid about-turns. On the whole, not a very good idea, but I'm used to it and have been playing too long to think about changing.

Old Post 03-08-06 13:41 #
Angus Thermopyle

I've improved Map10 UV Max to 2:50.

No AV jump, but with better weapon usage (SSG for second arachnotron and lost souls, so you can waste all plasma in the labs) and other tiny changes (like ignoring archvile at start). A big thx to Gusta for his ideas and support :)

My demo is ok, it has some little mistakes, so I'll try again. 2:45 is my goal with this route.

Old Post 03-08-06 15:14 #
Radeg
Warming Up

MAP11 pacifist - 0:31

http://members.chello.cz/radegd2s/tv11p031.zip

First demo beaters must be punished :)

Old Post 03-08-06 17:00 #
Radeg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Angus Thermopyle

I improved Map10 UV -fast to 2:57.

Old Post 03-08-06 17:13 #
shotgunmasacre2

Great demo Radeg, I find that it is interesting to see all these people beating my non-pacisfist time by a lot, so I am glad that I see people doing it with such ease.

Old Post 03-08-06 22:17 #
Angus Thermopyle

I did Map08 UV -fast in 2:08.

Old Post 03-08-06 22:34 #
Opulent

Angus:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv08f208.zip
Angus:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv10-250.zip
Angus:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/tv10f257.zip
:)

Old Post 03-09-06 02:30 #
Gusta
Forum Regular

Hi Radeg! Cool to see you here :)
I improved max on map24 to 1:20 but it's still not enough, wanna go to 1:17-1:18 here (no luck yet...)

Old Post 03-09-06 11:34 #
Angus Thermopyle

The UV -fast table is complete :)

I did Map32 in 2:33.

EDIT: improved to 2:26. Crap demo. The other looks better.

Last edited by Angus Thermopyle on 03-09-06 at 18:28

Old Post 03-09-06 17:02 #