Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Official Demo Request Thread
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Not a fan of Fava Beans but the other two should be fun and pretty easy for me, I know them very well. :) Thanks!

Old Post 06-05-13 16:26 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Meh, kuchitsu is terrible for speed movies. There is so little health/armor on the way that one "unplanned" shotgunner hit can ruin everything. This is one of these mapsets that are a lot harder when played continuously, you really need to start the maps with high health. I died on map06 twice and lost interest.

Old Post 06-06-13 01:26 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Plut

Has anyone UV-Max for Ashen Garden?

Old Post 07-24-13 18:35 #
Plut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Why map11 of oneweek doesn't have a hyper aggressive max by j4rio/ancalagon/rizera/etc by now? It's called "The 24 cyber spirits" so you guys aren't allowed to ignore it. :))

Old Post 09-12-13 05:35 #
joe-ilya

Can anyone send a demo of "Kama sutra"s MAP12?

Old Post 09-12-13 15:47 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Do you know about DSDA? It's the biggest archive of Doom demos, if you're looking for speedruns of a particular level that should be the first place to check. There are about 20 demos for this map.

Old Post 09-12-13 16:03 #
cannonball

Memfis said:
Why map11 of oneweek doesn't have a hyper aggressive max by j4rio/ancalagon/rizera/etc by now? It's called "The 24 cyber spirits" so you guys aren't allowed to ignore it. :))

I second that demand ;)

Old Post 09-12-13 16:04 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Ryback did oneweek map 11 on skill 1, skill 3, and skill 4 at 79:42, the demo, ow117942

That has got to be one of the hardest maps on this planet on skill 4.

It would be amazing to see someone beat it.

So Yes, I would second the invitation to anyone who wants to try it.

The main pain in the butt is dying at 40 or 50 minutes and restarts time and time again to nail it.

Old Post 09-13-13 00:53 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rizera

Can any mapper please confirm that it is only possible to get 1 out of the 6 secrets in that level? Thanks.

Old Post 09-13-13 01:26 #
Rizera is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ancalagon

Why die 40 or 50 minutes in when map takes 20-30 mins

Old Post 09-13-13 02:01 #
Ancalagon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Yeah, Belial already beat it in 30 minutes but I think our modern great slaughter players can record a much faster demo.
The secrets in that map are weird. Megasphere in the revenant horde room is simple but seems like for the other 5 secrets you need double or even triple arch-vile jumps??? It's like Erik put them as a joke.

Old Post 09-13-13 02:24 #
Springy

Plut said:
Has anyone UV-Max for Ashen Garden?

I tried to record the first max for that a while ago, didn't get far though. That outside bit with the two switches was brutal. Great map though I wish Skep would map more as he is also very talented at mapping.

Old Post 09-14-13 11:56 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodite Krypto

Memfis said:

Funny this was mentioned, because I've always thought that Eternal's Belial's Bad Brain was either inspired by or a direct rip off of that map. You can notice the striking similarity in the layout and architecture.

Old Post 09-14-13 16:58 #
Bloodite Krypto is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kotzugi

I earlier saw somebody mentioned Disturbia in a discussion about hard maps and I was wondering if anybody has made a complete run yet? I haven't found anything either on the forums (well I kind of skimmed), the Doomed Speed Demos Archive or on YouTube. The WAD includes a demo file but a few minutes in it desyncs (?) when playing back with my PrBoom Plus.

Today I completed the map on HMP with lots of saves and loads. Great map, immersive and well-designed, but super hard. I think it's possible to do it though. My main gripe is that there is very little armor throughout. Interestingly, I only exited with about 58% kills even though I killed all but the monsters that respawn (quite a few), the Spider Mastermind and a hard to reach cybie on top of a column.

A TAS run would also be great to see but I guess it'd take ages to complete.

Any Doom gods around with nothing much to do? ;)

Old Post 09-16-13 23:36 #
Kotzugi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

That demo is for an older version of the wad, as evidenced by its date. I think GreyGhost from this forum has that version so you can try asking him.

Old Post 09-16-13 23:42 #
vdgg
MM2 maniac

This should be it:
http://www.speedyshare.com/2vybY/distV4.zip

Old Post 09-17-13 00:14 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kotzugi

Thanks Memfis and vdgg. Only problem is that I can't normally download the file without having to download the manager app, which is .exe and won't work on my Mac anyway. Even if I try wget on the terminal the zip file seems to be broken. I also tested the demo file I do have on PrBoom v. 2.5, it has the same problem.

Old Post 09-17-13 00:27 #
Kotzugi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

Kotzugi said:
I earlier saw somebody mentioned Disturbia in a discussion about hard maps and I was wondering if anybody has made a complete run yet? I haven't found anything either on the forums (well I kind of skimmed), the Doomed Speed Demos Archive or on YouTube. The WAD includes a demo file but a few minutes in it desyncs (?) when playing back with my PrBoom Plus.

Today I completed the map on HMP with lots of saves and loads. Great map, immersive and well-designed, but super hard. I think it's possible to do it though. My main gripe is that there is very little armor throughout. Interestingly, I only exited with about 58% kills even though I killed all but the monsters that respawn (quite a few), the Spider Mastermind and a hard to reach cybie on top of a column.

A TAS run would also be great to see but I guess it'd take ages to complete.

Any Doom gods around with nothing much to do? ;)

Hahah, this is EXACTLY (except for the 58% kills, because I gave up before finishing the map) the post I was going to post here for about an hour ago! I was just going to play another map before posting but it took longer than expected...but now you did it, and thanks to Memphis for the v4 :D

I'm super interested in a demo of this map (TAS?). Nope, I can not do it myself, thats for sure.

edit: just watched the HMP-demo by D-D. Jaw dropped. I never found all the secrets when playing myself, holy shit...
A masterpiece.

Last edited by darkreaver on 09-17-13 at 01:22

Old Post 09-17-13 00:42 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodite Krypto

Disturbia? You can't max it because it uses a special infinite monster teleporter feature, meaning all the box sections where you see monsters positioned in red areas will constantly respawn, to add to the already momentous challenge.

EDIT: Well not without finding that obscure secret.

Jesus Christ I played that on UV years ago and sorely regretted it, god awful rape fest.

I can't remember, but do you even get any other weapon asides the CG on UV?

Last edited by Bloodite Krypto on 09-17-13 at 15:49

Old Post 09-17-13 14:56 #
Bloodite Krypto is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Demonologist

Bloodite Krypto said:
I can't remember, but do you even get any other weapon asides the CG on UV?

Yes.

Old Post 09-17-13 15:41 #
Demonologist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kotzugi

Bloodite Krypto said:
Disturbia? You can't max it because it uses a special infinite monster teleporter feature, meaning all the box sections where you see monsters positioned in red areas will constantly respawn, to add to the already momentous challenge.

Yes I've noticed, they're all over the level, there are even one or two spots where archviles respawn...But what if you kill enough of the spawns? Would that count or does your kill % stay the same?

Anyway, crazy hard level. Not sure if I'd even touch UV with a stick. Hence my presence on this thread. :)

Old Post 09-17-13 16:01 #
darkreaver

There is no such thing as infinite spawns. Eventually they will all be killed. Anyway; maxing includes secrets, so no problem there ;)

Old Post 09-17-13 16:55 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodite Krypto

darkreaver said:
There is no such thing as infinite spawns. Eventually they will all be killed.

Figure of speech, it's call that on the level! Good luck with that without running out of ammo unless you find the obscure secret mentioned ;)

DD's HMP demo was hilarious, practically 7 near death instances and lol at the end, no Megasphere and putting Invuls in secrets on a DD map? Fuck you.

Old Post 09-17-13 17:22 #
vdgg
MM2 maniac

Hm, Zed mentioned this in "maps that blew you away". NDCP2 MAP19, I'd like to watch some sort of a walkthrough

Old Post 01-12-14 17:01 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

That weird tech horror map based on some old game? IIRC it doesn't work in prboom+ correctly (voodoo doll problems or something) so you would need zdoom to record anything.

Old Post 01-12-14 18:34 #
Searcher

Was just playing some of the Tolwyn (David Shaw) maps. Good old school maps. Seemed odd that no one had done demos for any but just the first wad and it is his demo I think.

Take a look at these, might be some fun to be had here. I sure enjoy them.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/in...rder=asc&page=1

tolwyn01.zip: Outpost Recon
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/in...-u/tolwyn01.zip

tolwyn02.zip: An Affinity for Pain
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/in...-u/tolwyn02.zip

tolwyn03.wad Spacious Depot of Decay
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/in...-u/tolwyn03.zip

Old Post 04-12-14 03:36 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

Tolwyn01 is at DSDA, Tolwyn03 I maxed it some time ago in 15:44, I thought it was too pathetic to share it. Demo-unfriendly map. I'll PM the demo to you and will try to improve it when time permits.

Old Post 04-12-14 03:53 #
Searcher

Thanks, got the PM. Will be watching soon. Really appreciate it.

It is always a blast to watch someone with better skills than me blaze through a map.

Old Post 04-13-14 02:52 #
Revved

How is there still no maxdemo for Congestion 1024 Map 30? Seriously, the completist in me wants to see it done.

Old Post 04-21-14 06:28 #
Revved is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Can a glider make a NM or UV pacifist demo on this map please, so I can add it to the zip and upload to /idgames?

It took a few tries for the cyber to not kill me at the glide, but you're alone after he teleports.

Attachment: nlvm-nmp-try.zip
This has been downloaded 3 time(s).

Old Post 05-06-14 18:17 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote