Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Scythe demos [-complevel 2]

Depends on how complicated it is, if it's as simple as just lining it up and doing SR40\SR50? because then it would be nice to now. I had some success moving forward at a certain angle and doing sr50 or what ever, but even then I never really got it consistent and it would probably fail when I need it the most.

Ok sounds good,

I left terrible times like map 1 in so that others that others will be motivated to improve it :) Also take a look at map 22, even though that was garbage in this run, you'll find that it can work really good, and good luck!

Map 06 UV-Speed in 00:16.43

4shockblast already did this trick in his sc06o010, but I wanted to show a consistent setup for it instead of trying to go for some good uv speed time where you just run at the wall a couple of 100 times to get it immediately.

I would recommend trying to include this in episode 1 or movie runs for nomonster and also UV-Speed, because it saves quite a bit of time and it's only on map 6. Besides that, waiting for elevators in speedruns isn't exactly the most interesting\fun part.

This setup is extremely sensitive to the position, but with practice it can be included in ep1\movie runs, also use of SR50 when you have right angle\position.

Edit: Actually after some further testing I'm kinda wrong, even with every single pixel at the same exact spot I sometimes fail this trick, kinda feels like a 50\50 almost, I'll see if I can find something better. But still, for no monsters at least this should be done, and UV-speed if you already made some mistake earlier on and want to make that time back.

Late edit: this trick works about 50% of the time if everything is done correctly.

sc06-016.zip

Well the main position is shown in the demo, I think the best thing to do now is to not strafe against any wall at all, and it should work every time. So at the start of the map you turn 90 degrees followed by 1 more tic, and try to get exactly the same position as shown in the demo right before I use SR50. Basically, strafing against the wall changes the outcome, if you avoid it the inital "state" should work every time... then again I have no idea how any of this works or if I am just getting some really really lucky streaks. Also, finding the right position might be easier with certain sourceports\settings.

Late edit: This was wrong, somehow I managed to get some luck streaks of 10 in a row a couple of times, even when exiting game and starting new demo. There is no consistent setup, since there is always some pixels that are off (even though 99.99% of my screen is identical to any other attempt) which would suggest that every attempt is different and it's impossible to tell if it will work or not.

Haha, nice work with the cyberdemon, Cyberdemon531! That final revenant almost gotcha.

Aqfaq said:

Haha, nice work with the cyberdemon, Cyberdemon531!

I agree, nice strategy indeed.

Yay, you finally got a good exit after hours of grinds :) Congratz!

Hmm, at the end of Map12 you picked up a berserk, but then on Map13 you spawned with the shotgun selected. Is it because you exited fast enough to avoid the weapon switch? Does it work the same with "real" weapons?