• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceDSS

Heretic Max Black Plague Demopack

VinceDSS said:

actually squonk recorded 2 demos :D

Haha, erhm, okay, well, here my edited comments then :

"I wish I had more time to record more than one single demo for this pack, even if it's my favorite Heretic map, e1m6.
Still, I'm glad it's done for Xmas, thanks to Raven for such a great game, and thanks to the team for all the awesome work done :)
Enough talking, now watch those demos and enjoy !"

Great job !
Too bad I could not do my contribution to this demopack as promised, but thanks to Bruno for his demo on e1m7 ;)

Edit : oh, and I wish you an happy new year \o/

H1F3 Comments: I think the fastest time I got before this one was a few seconds slower but well below 100% kills, so I better leave it alone now. Only real change was saving the shadowsphere until the same time that I used the second tome and the egg. I believe this made it easier to clean up the gargoyles prior to that because they would charge away from me.

Pack Comments: If I had more time to contribute, it would have only been for one other map, so I can't really say much about the pack. I'm sure it's good stuff though, and it's cool that Heretic got the demo action that is had been missing out on for many years.

I know, it wasn't that interesting. :)

Still, it's nice to have a complete collection for Heretic. Heretic/Hexen had just as many good memories as Doom back in the day, even if they were less inviting for map designers. I remember being obsessed with Hexen when I first got it, trying to find all the little secret areas and powerups that were possible. I even found some of the cheat codes on my own, like all weapons, which I discovered because it can actually be found by stringing two heretic cheats together.

quickenrambo :)

I have had a lot of fun making demos for heretic. Being the 1st to figure out a route from scratch, when and how to use the items, are quite fun ..

Non competitive recording is quite fun and the gameplay in heretic is pretty cool and varied. It offers lots of different strategies and quite a few more speedrunning tricks.

Too bad there are no decent windows port ... entryway, where are you ??? :D

you mean a demopack of each map done in black plague speed ?
if yes, demos here : http://lsvc.free.fr/Heretic-N/Demos/Speed-bp/

if you mean a movie of each eposide in BP Speed, so far I only got 2 :
http://lsvc.free.fr/Heretic-N/Demos/Movies/h1bs-907.zip
http://lsvc.free.fr/Heretic-N/Demos/Movies/h2bs1104.zip

ep3 will be tough because of the boss level, ep4 is tough by itself all along, ep5 has a hard map01 and couple hard maps.

Vile did it in zdoom so I guess it is possible in heretic.exe ... the physics are different , so I dont know if zdoom makes it easier or harder.

And personally I dont have much personal time for this kind of things, unless I leave my job or my wife :D

I would say that zdoom is a bit easier due to the higher framerates. The physics isn't exactly the same, but close enough to the original to allow for the same tricks and strategies. The only major physics difference I saw was when the maulotaurs used their flame trails... you get launched into orbit if you get hit by one of those in zdoom.

Sorry, I have been and will be off for a long time, due to really hard studies, I missed all the action :(

Anyway, congratulations to all, especially Vince and Bruno the hardworkers!

I don't really have comments... h1f2 was quite easy to do... h5f5 demo is quite ugly, I wanted to improve it but... Too lazy :) though this map is really fun to play, and isn't really hard. Just long.

BTW Vincent, you could have told me that heretic-n is now on lsvc ;)

That's all, so enjoy watching guys!

Squonk said:
BTW Vincent, you could have told me that heretic-n is now on lsvc ;)

I can move it somewhere else if needed ... ?

Don't do that, I just meant that you could have sent me a mail ;)
But there's no problem, I have enough room ;)