Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eugene

Eternal demos [-complevel 2]

After map03 which had ridiculous amount of low health moments and looked extremely, extremely hard, I think no map before map09 is going to stop you.

TimeOfDeath said:

MAP12 UV-"Speed" in 10:48

TimeOfDeath said:

Improvement on MAP12 UV-Speed in 5:53 thanks to a glide at the yellow skull.

TimeOfDeath said:

Improvement on MAP12 UV-Speed in 5:53 thanks to a glide at the yellow skull.

j4rio said:

map 12 max 15:54

!!!

Really nice work on these eternall.wad Map12 demos, I hadn't seen these before. When I first made the level back in '96 I wasn't really sure anyone else would be able to get through the map without saving, never mind maxing or speedrunning it, but that was still early days.

et121048: Can't believe the plasma-cybo didn't get you with that first barrage, that must have flew over the spacemarine's shoulder... I've never solved the map playing it this path myself, so that was great to watch. Very nice handling of the hellknight/baron crowds around the courtyard sniping room.

et12-553: The plasma cybo was clearly hung over that night. Never seen one walk around in a daze like that. Also, I had no idea it was possible to slip through the yellow key bars like that!

et12-1604; OK. I know this must sound somewhat sickening and self-celebratory coming from the author of the map, but please excuse me while I splurge. Holyyyyyy shit. My hair's on end end my eyes are watering after watching Doom survive that. Unbelievable margins and hairsbreadth calls to make it. For a warm-up, the 8% rocketbutting of the painelemental and ensuing battle on and under the pillar bridges. Secondly the plasma-guarding Cybo battle, which very nearly went all wrong (nice catch on that mancu missile). Thirdly the curvy stairs loft archie/barons battle where I was sure you'd made the wrond (dead-end) turn, and then the mad marathon that seemingly started with chaingunner streaking in the courtyard and lead from one unending skipping-stone low health surf to another (I mean, the being back on the pier stuff???? WTF!). Every big health powerup seemed a lifesend. Great ramroding ream, this is Darkdome conquered. The fight with the three bosses? O M well and truly G.

et12-1554; Extremely nice runthrough also, if lacking some of the extraplanar anomalies of the previous one. Very nice re-entry to the castle, hellknight BFG to ride the same elevator press up and miscellaneous other clocksavers to beat the previous time. A quite different approach to many of the battles, its interesting to see the two different playstyles shine in different ways. Anyone being cornered by a Cybo and escaping with his life has experienced just a little bit of luck on that day though, even if the run is more of a methodical tank-trudge than the previous grabbing-lost-souls-by-the-hair acrobatcis. I particularily liked the point blank Revenant-taunts here, the applying of the berserker fist and the many baron missile-weaves (which nearly backfired in the megasphere mudpit!).

So, uh. Thanks.

MAP05 UV-Speed in 2:49. There's a TAS which is one second faster (which doesn't really look like a TAS, but hey, if it's considered a TAS then I'm fine with uploading a slower time). I'm gonna try and improve this.

et05-249.zip

j4rio said:

map 7 nm100s 6:34

Apart from some unfortunate luck when you returned to the main gate for the first time (where it looks like it was slightly mis-timed) and the several attempts to get the MegaSphere, this looked pretty smooth for a NM100S. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this one.

It's not timed, there's a repeatable walkover trigger in front of the gate that closes it. If I didn't open it up twice at that point, all the stuff behind would most likely block or instakill me anyway.

Any sign of smoothness is probably just coincidence, I disregarded time completely and just picked the most survivable routes.

Soundblock said:

Crikey! Not planning on a YouTube upload are you? I can't run Boom on my hardware...

Why would you run Boom? If you can run youtube, surely you can run prboom-plus. :)

dew said:

Why would you run Boom? If you can run youtube, surely you can run prboom-plus. :)

You'd think so. Ruins like molasses, slow motion like.

Soundblock said:

You'd think so. Ruins like molasses, slow motion like.

Wow, that is strange. What is your hardware specifically? I mean, have you tested both prboom and glboom? Moving some of the workload to the GPU could help if your CPU cannot handle software rendering of pr+.